Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[Call to Order]

[00:00:04]

OKAY.

WE'RE PAST THE HOUR.

WE'RE DUE TO START.

SO THIS IS THE, UH, UM, REGULAR MEETING OF THE, UH, UM, UM, MARIE SAID SOME BASE IN GSA.

SO WE, UH, REQUEST THE SECRETARY TO CALL THE ROOM.

THANK YOU, MR. CHAIRMAN, WE'LL BEGIN WITH MR. PARK HERE.

MR. UPTON SUPERVISOR, PERRERA VICE CHAIRMAN, MARCHINI, PRESIDENT AND CHAIRMAN KELLY HERE AND CURRENTLY MR. GALLO IS NOT PRESENT, BUT WE DO BELIEVE THAT HE IS LIKELY ON HIS WAY.

AND WHEN HE DOES ARRIVE, WE WILL HAVE THE RECORD REFLECT AS SUCH.

SO, UH, MR. CHAIRMAN, YOU DO HAVE A QUORUM FOR THIS MEETING.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

NEXT ITEM IS THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.

UH, WOULD, UH, REMEMBER PARK LEAD US IN PREJUDICE, LEGIONS STATES OF AMERICA REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

THANK YOU.

FIRST OFF, THERE'S AN ADJUSTMENT TO THE AGENDA.

WE WILL BE CONSIDERING ITEM NUMBER SEVEN, THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PROJECTS BEFORE ITEM NUMBER SIX, PRIMARILY THAT, UH, IT MAY ANSWER QUESTIONS.

THAT ITEM NUMBER SIX MAY BRING UP.

SO WE THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD, UH, GO THROUGH ITEM NUMBER SEVEN, THAT MAY ANSWER ITEMS, UH, UH, QUESTIONS IN NUMBER SIX.

SO THAT'S, UH, THAT'S JUST AN ADJUSTMENT TO THE AGENDA.

UM, NEXT IS THE PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD.

UH, THE PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST, WHETHER THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION AND NOT ON THE AGENDA, IF THERE'S ANYONE IN THE PUBLIC WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT, UH, NOW WOULD BE THE TIME.

OKAY.

SEEING NONE, WE WILL CLOSE THE PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD.

UH, NEXT ITEM IS THE

[Item 4]

APPROVAL OF THE JANUARY 9TH, MARCH 24TH AND JUNE 12TH MEETING MINUTES.

IT'S AN OPEN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION AMONG THE BOARD MEMBERS.

I'LL MOVE TO APPROVE AS MAILED AND I'LL SECOND IT.

OKAY.

AND THERE'S A, UM, OPPORTUNITY FOR THE PUBLIC TO COMMENT.

ANY COMMENTS WITH REGARD TO THE MINUTES.

OKAY.

IT'S BEEN MOVED AND SECONDED.

UH, ROLL CALL COLLEGES.

THEY'LL GO AHEAD AND, AND, AND, UH, CALL FOR THE CALL FOR THE QUESTION ALL IN FAVOR.

AYE.

OPPOSED.

SO CARRIED

[Item 5]

NEXT ITEM IS, UM, PROPOSITION 68 SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT GRANT UPDATE.

MS. MCBRIDE WILL PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON THE SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT GRANT AWARD.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

SO THIS IS JUST AN INFORMATIONAL UPDATE FOR THE BOARD ON THE PROPOSITION 68 GRANT AWARD THAT THE MERGER SAID SUB-BASIN RECEIVED.

UM, THIS IS A SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT GRANT PROGRAM.

IT'S FUNDED UNDER PROPOSITION 68, FORMERLY, UH, PREVIOUSLY THE GSES AND THE MERCE HEADS OBESE AND RECEIVED THE AROUND TO SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER GRANT PROGRAM, UH, FUNDING THAT WAS FUNDED UNDER A PROPOSITION ONE.

SO THIS IS THE ROUND THREE FUNDING IN NOVEMBER OF 2019.

THE THREE G ESSAYS IN THE BASIN SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION FOR THIS GRANT.

THE FINAL AWARDS WERE ANNOUNCED IN MARCH, 2020, AND THE MERCE HAD SAID BASIN RECEIVED A $500,000 AWARD AND A WAIVER OF, OF ANY COST SHARE FOR THAT.

THE, UH, THE CONTRACT FOR THIS SIMILAR TO THE PROPOSITION, ONE CONTRACT IS ADMINISTERED BY MERCEDES IRRIGATION DISTRICT, UH, FOR THE THREE BASIN TORE THE THREE GSS IN THE BASIN.

AND BECAUSE THIS IS A ROUND THREE TO THAT GRANT PROGRAM, THIS IS JUST A AMENDMENT TO THE CONTRACT THAT MIT ALREADY HAS WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES.

AND SO THEY'RE WORKING ON, UM, FINALIZING THAT AMENDMENT NOW.

SO THE CONTRACTING HASN'T BEEN FINALIZED, BUT IT'S GOING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN MERCEDE IRRIGATION DISTRICT AND THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES.

THE WORK PLAN THAT WAS SUBMITTED BY THE GSA GSS IN THE MERCEDES OF BASIN REALLY FOCUSES ON TWO ITEMS. TWO

[00:05:01]

PROJECTS.

ONE IS TO ADDRESS DATA GAPS AND THE SECOND IS A REMOTE SENSING OF BASIN WATER USE.

SO THE THERE'S ALSO A THIRD COMPONENT, WHICH HAS GRANTED ADMINISTRATION.

UM, IT'S JUST A REGULAR COMPONENT IN GRANTS.

SO ADDRESSING THE, UM, DATA GAPS IS ONE OF THE TWO MAIN COMPONENTS.

AND THE FOCUS ON THIS IS TO PRIORITIZE AND COMPREHENSIVELY EVALUATE HOW THE GAPS THAT HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED IN THE MERSEYSIDE GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN CAN BEST BE ADDRESSED AND ENHANCED, UM, AND ALSO ENHANCE THE EXISTING MONITORING NETWORK.

SO IN ORDER TO DO THIS, THE PROJECT WILL DEVELOP A DATA GAP PLAN.

THIS PLAN IS IDENTIFIED IN THE GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN AS, UM, SOMETHING THAT THE GSA IS WILL DEVELOP IN THE FIRST YEAR, YEAR, TWO OF GSP IMPLEMENTATION.

AND SO DEVELOPING THIS, UM, PLAN WILL PRIORITIZE LOCATIONS FOR ADDITIONAL WELLS.

IT WILL TARGET DATA GAP AREAS WHERE THERE IS NO MONITORING CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE.

AND IT'LL PUT A, A PRIORITY TOWARD PROVIDING INFORMATION THAT WILL BENEFIT DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITIES.

THE PROJECT WILL ALSO ENHANCE THE MONITORING NETWORKS IN A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT WAYS FOR WATER LEVELS AND WATER QUALITY IS ONE WAY IS IDENTIFYING THE EXISTING WELLS THAT CAN BE BROUGHT INTO THE NETWORK.

AND A SECOND WAY IS ACTUALLY INSTALLING NEW MONITORING WELLS AND THERE'S FUNDING FOR EITHER UP TO THREE NEW SHALLOW WELLS OR ONE DEEP, WELL, THAT WOULD BE, UM, LOCATED IN CRITICAL LOCATIONS.

BOTH OF THESE COMPONENTS OF THE GRANT INCLUDE STAKEHOLDER OUTREACH, WHICH WILL SEEK INPUT ON PRIORITIZING THE DATA GAPS AND ALSO UPDATE THE GSA, UM, DURING, UH, GSP MEETINGS.

SO THOSE COULD BE THE COORDINATION MEETINGS OR GSA MEETINGS ON THE PROGRESS IN IDENTIFYING AND ADDRESSING THESE DATA GAPS.

THE SECOND COMPONENT IS A REMOTE SENSING DECISION SUPPORT TOOL FOR THE MERCEDES OF BASIN AND A REMOTE SENSING DECISION SUPPORT TOOL WOULD BE DEVELOPED TO PROVIDE IMMEDIATE INFORMATION ABOUT BASIN WIDE GROUNDWATER USE IN A COST EFFECTIVE MANNER.

SO THIS COMPONENT WOULD PRODUCE A DECISION SUPPORT TOOL THAT ESTIMATES NET GROUNDWATER USE IN THE SUB BASIN BASED ON THE METRIC REMOTE SENSING EVAPOTRANSPIRATION DATA SETS, WHICH ARE, WERE DEVELOPED BY THE IRRIGATION IRRIGATION TRAINING AND RESEARCH CENTER.

ITRC AT CAL POLY.

AND YOU'LL HEAR MORE ABOUT METRIC AND ITRC AT A AGENDA ITEM LATER, LATER ON IN THE AGENDA, WE'LL HAVE SOMEBODY FROM CAL POLY TALKING ABOUT THAT.

THIS IS USING THE DATA SETS, UM, CREATED BY THE ITRC GROUP.

THIS COMPONENT INVOLVES CREATING A SPREADSHEET AND GIS BASED TOOL THAT UTILIZES THE METRIC ESTIMATES OF EVAPOTRANSPIRATION ACROSS THE SET BASIN IN COMBINATION WITH LOCAL PARCEL MAPS AND SURFACE WATER SUPPLIES, DELIVERY RECORDS TO CALCULATE THE NET GROUNDWATER USE IN THE SUB BASIN.

UM, THE TOOL WILL ACCOUNT FOR ALL THE MAJOR WATER BUDGET COMPONENTS, AND WE'LL INCORPORATE SOIL MOISTURE TRACKING ON A MONTHLY TIME STEP.

SO BY, UM, UTILIZING THESE THIS TOOL, IT WILL ALLOW AN ANALYSIS TO BE COMPLETED AT VARIABLE RESOLUTIONS.

SO YOU CAN ANALYZE THE GROUNDWATER USE AT THE GSA LEVEL DOWN TO A PARCEL LEVEL.

AND IT'S ONLY LIMITED BY THE SURFACE WATER DELIVERY RECORDS.

SO SIMILAR TO, UH, THE SECOND COMPONENT, THIS ONE ALSO HAS A STAKEHOLDER OUTREACH THAT INVOLVES REGULAR UPDATES AT GSA MEETINGS OR GSP MEETINGS ON THE PROGRESS TO DEVELOP THIS DECISION SUPPORT TOOL.

SO THESE TWO COMPONENTS, UM, BOTH, UH, WILL FEED INTO THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROJECT, OF THIS GRANT, THE, THE WHOLE PROJECT OF THE GRANT, WHICH IS TO PRIORITIZE DATA GAPS, INCREASE THE NUMBER OF WELLS AND THE MONITORING NETWORK IMPROVE THE UNDERSTANDING OF GROUNDWATER USE IN THE SUB BASIN TO INFORM THE GSP DEVELOPMENT, TO QUANTIFY ONGOING SUB-BASIN WATER USE, TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT ACTIONS AND ALSO TO ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS IN THE SIGMA PROCESS.

AND COMPLETION OF THESE COMPONENTS ALSO, UM, ACCOMPLISHES THE GOAL TO ADVANCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MERCE HEADS OF BASIN GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN BY ADDRESSING CRITICAL DATA GAPS RELATED TO GROUNDWATER MONITORING AND BASED ON WATER USE, WHICH IN TURN SUPPORTS THE SUSTAINABILITY GOAL OF THE MERCE HAD

[00:10:01]

SAID BASED IN GSP.

AND SO THAT'S MY SUMMARY FOR YOU FOR THE PROP 68 GRANT.

AND I'M HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

OH, WAIT A SECOND.

I TAKE THAT BACK.

I'VE GOT ONE MORE SLIDE FOR YOU.

UM, THIS IS JUST INFORMATION FROM DWR.

IT'S JUST REALLY A HEADS UP FOR YOU GUYS AS A BOARD, THAT THERE IS ANOTHER ROUND OF GRANT FUNDING UNDER PROPOSITION 68.

IT WOULD BE SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION GRANT.

AND, UH, CURRENTLY DWR IS LETTING US KNOW THAT THERE'S $88 MILLION TO BE AVAILABLE COMPETITIVELY FOR PROJECTS THAT ADDRESS DROUGHT, THE DROUGHT AND GROUNDWATER INVESTMENT, MORE DETAILS TO COME.

WE'RE EXPECTING TO SEE, UM, THE, UH, UH, PROPOSAL SOLICITATION PACKAGE IN EARLY TO 2021.

AND THEN WE'LL SEE GRANT AWARDS IN THE YEAR 20, 20, EARLY 2022.

AND SO THAT COMPLETES MY SUMMARY OF THE PROP 68 GRANT.

UM, MR. LEVI, WHAT IS THE TIME, UM, THE PRELIMINARY, UH, TIME SCHEDULE FOR, UM, THE, THE, THE, THE, THE PROJECTS, UH, THE COMPONENTS OF THE PROJECT.

SO THE PROJECTS WILL BE STARTED AS SOON AS THE CONTRACTING IS COMPLETE WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES.

AND THE SCHEDULE HAS THESE, BOTH OF THESE PROJECTS COMPLETED BY APRIL OF 2022, WHICH REALLY IS, UM, TOWARD THE END WHEN THIS GRANT FUNDING NEEDS TO BE SPENT.

SO, UH, BETWEEN NOW AND 20 APRIL, 2022.

THANK YOU.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD? UM, UH, ANY, UM, UM, COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC OPENED UP NOW WITH RESPECT TO THIS ITEM ON THE AGENDA.

OKAY.

WE'LL CLOSE PUBLIC COMMENTS.

UM, THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL ITEM ONLY, SO THERE'S NO ACTION REQUIRED.

OKAY.

UH,

[Item 7]

THE NEXT ITEM IS THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT STUDIES.

UH, THIS, THIS ONE WILL HAVE A, UM, ENGINEER GREG YOUNG, UH, LEAD A DISCUSSION ON THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT STUDIES.

GOOD AFTERNOON CHAIR MEMBERS OF THE GSA BOARD.

HOPE EVERYBODY'S DOING WELL.

UM, BACK IN OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR, WE STARTED TALKING ABOUT WHAT WE WERE CONSIDERING THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.

IF YOU RECALL THAT, UM, AND WE TALKED ABOUT SEVERAL DIFFERENT ELEMENTS THAT ARE WITHIN THAT, UH, THAT WE WANT TO GET STARTED ON HERE NOW THAT WE HAVE A GSP IN PLACE, AND WE NEED TO START MOVING TOWARDS IMPLEMENTATION, AND WE NEED TO START SHOWING ACTIVITIES AND ACTIONS, AND YOU JUST HEARD SOME THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING AT THE SUB BASIN LEVEL.

AND THERE'S SOME THINGS THAT I THINK WE NEED TO DO AT OUR GSA LEVEL TO ASSURE THAT WE'RE, UM, ABLE TO MANAGE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WE NEED TO DO AT THE BASIN LEVEL.

AND THEN ALSO TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE WORKING AND UNDERSTANDING SOME OF THE THINGS THAT MIGHT BE COMING OUT OF SOME OF THOSE OTHER STUDIES.

SO A COUPLE OF THOSE THINGS, AND WHEN WE GET TO THE BUDGET BEFORE THIS WAS GOING TO BE FLIPPED AROUND, BUT WHEN WE GET TO THE BUDGET AND WE TALK ABOUT SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT ARE IN THERE, THERE'S DOLLARS THAT ARE BEING LOOKED AT TO TRY AND IMPLEMENT SOME THINGS COMING THIS FISCAL YEAR.

UM, AND SO A FEW OF THOSE PROJECTS, WE HAVE A, WE'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT, I THINK, TO SET UP NOW AND GET SOMEBODY MOVING ON THESE THINGS AS POSSIBLY HIRING SOMEBODY TO HELP OUT WITH THIS STUFF.

UM, EH, WHETHER IT'S SOLICITING PROPOSALS OR HOWEVER WE MAY DO THAT, THERE'S A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT OPTIONS.

SO, UH, LET'S GO THROUGH THIS FAIRLY QUICKLY.

I THINK, WHICH WAY DO I GO WRONG BUTTON? SO ONE OF THE THINGS WE HAD TALKED ABOUT IS SUSTAINABILITY ZONES.

AND WE'VE HEARD THIS A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS, SOME ALSO THROUGH THE ADVISORY AND TAC COMMITTEES, UH, WHERE WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THE FACT THAT THERE'S A LOT OF DIFFERENCES ACROSS OUR BASE.

AND WE ARE, IF WE RECALL THE ONE, THE POINTER.

YES.

SO IF POINTING OVER HERE ON THE SCREEN AND TO MY RIGHT, UM, THIS PARTICULAR MAP IS THE ENTIRE BASIN, BUT ALL THE GREAT

[00:15:01]

AREA IS, UH, EITHER IS MIA GOOSEY OR TURNER ISLAND.

AND SO THE REST OF THE AREA, WE'RE PRETTY SCATTERED AS FAR AS THE GSA.

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT WE REPRESENT ALL SORTS OF DIFFERENT AREAS AROUND HERE.

SO THE, THE ISSUES THAT START TO COME UP IS HOW ARE WE MANAGING GROUNDWATER LEVELS IN THOSE AREAS? HOW ARE WE GOING TO TRY AND ADDRESS PROJECTS IN THOSE AREAS? MAY THERE BE, IF WE GET INTO ALLOCATION CONCEPTS, ARE THOSE GOING TO BE, ARE THOSE GOING TO DIFFER ACROSS SOME OF THOSE AREAS? HOW MIGHT WE DEAL WITH FEES? SO A COUPLE IDEAS THAT WE HAD TALKED ABOUT LAST YEAR WAS STARTING TO DEVELOP SOMETHING CALLED SUSTAINABILITY ZONES.

WE'RE USING THAT TERM DIFFERENTLY THAN MANAGEMENT ZONES.

UM, CAUSE MANAGEMENT ZONES MEAN SOMETHING IN SIGMA, UM, TERMINOLOGY AND REGULATION.

SO THERE'S JUST A COUPLE OF EXAMPLES OF HOW WE MAY LOOK AT THIS.

YOU COULD SAY, LOOK, WE'RE GOING TO SET UP A SERIES OF ZONES AND THEY MAY BE THERE.

THEY'RE KIND OF, THEY LOOK LIKE THIS, ROUGHLY SPEAKING.

AND EACH ONE OF THOSE ARE MANAGED A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.

AND, OR AS AN ALTERNATIVE, YOU COULD HAVE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS.

WHERE DID WE KIND OF HAVE ZONE ONE, TWO AND THREE, AND THEY'RE JUST KIND OF CASCADING DOWN THE HILL.

SO THE BASIS FOR HOW YOU KIND OF SET THESE MIGHT BE PARTIALLY GEOPOLITICAL BOUNDARIES.

THEY MIGHT BE HYDROGEOLOGIC, THEY MIGHT BE RELATED TO INFRASTRUCTURE THAT MIGHT EXIST OR MIGHT BE AVAILABLE.

AND SO WE WANT TO, UH, TO START SOMETHING WHERE WE CAN HAVE, UH, GET SOME, UH, SOME PARTY INVOLVED WITH STARTING TO LOOK AT A VARIETY OF FACTORS AND OVERLAY THEM AND BRING US SOME IDEAS OF WHAT SUSTAINABILITY ZONES MIGHT LOOK LIKE AND THE BASIS FOR THOSE.

AND I THINK THOSE CAN DEFINITELY BE OF, UH, OF HELP THAN WHEN WE'RE STARTING TO TALK ABOUT MANAGEMENT AND OTHER ACTIONS, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE START TALKING ABOUT BUDGETS, UH, LIMITATIONS, WE KNOW CERTAIN AREAS, ESPECIALLY ON, YOU KNOW, DOWN, DOWN IN THIS AREA, YOU GUYS HAVE PRETTY HIGH GROUNDWATER LEVELS.

UM, SO TRYING TO RESTRICT GROUNDWATER PUMPING MIGHT NEED TO BE DONE DIFFERENTLY THERE THAN THEY ARE DONE IN OTHER AREAS WHERE WE HAVE MORE OF AN ISSUE.

SO THERE'S A LOT OF THINGS TO DISCUSS AND BEING ABLE TO DEFINE SOME GEOGRAPHIC ZONES THAT MIGHT ALLOW US TO MANAGE THOSE DIFFERENTLY IS PROBABLY OUR FIRST STEP WE NEED TO TAKE.

UM, AND THEN ONE OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT WE'RE SUGGESTING RELATES TO THE CONVERSATION THAT WILL BE COMING LATER ABOUT THE SATELLITE BEASTIE T ANALYSIS THAT IS, IS REALLY KIND OF THINKING ABOUT A FORWARD LOOKING TOOL.

THAT'S GOING TO BE DEVELOPING SOMETHING THAT IS ALLOWS PEOPLE TO START TO ASSESS CONDITIONS.

BUT ONE OF THE THINGS WE FOUND INTERESTING, AND SOME OF THE WORK I'VE DONE ELSEWHERE IS THAT A LOOK BACK CAN BE VERY INFORMATIVE TO SEE WHERE THINGS ARE STARTING TO TREND.

AND WE'RE GOING TO FLIP THROUGH A COUPLE OF SLIDES JUST TO ILLUSTRATE WHAT THAT IS.

AND, UM, WE'RE GOING TO SUGGEST THAT, UH, IN, I THINK IT COULD BE A PRETTY SMALL INVESTMENT THAT WE CAN EVALUATE SOME THINGS LOOKING BACK REALLY EASILY THAT CAN HELP US AND HELP THE BOARD, ESPECIALLY SEE SOME TRENDS, SEE SOME CONCERNS THAT MIGHT BE ARISING THAT WILL MAYBE HELP IDENTIFY HOW WE WANT TO MANAGE CERTAIN THINGS IN CERTAIN AREAS.

SO FOR INSTANCE, IF WE HAVE THOSE SUSTAINABILITY ZONES AND LET'S JUST, I'LL GO BACKWARDS, LET'S SAY, THEY'RE, THEY'RE KIND OF SET UP IN THIS WAY.

AND WE HAVE, EH, WE, WE ASKED FOR A HISTORIC ITI ANALYSIS ON THE SAME KIND OF ZONE BOUNDARY AREAS.

WE MAY SEE DIFFERENT TRENDS IN EACH ONE OF THOSE, WHICH MIGHT MAKE US THEN THINK ABOUT WHAT ARE THE CHANGES WE NEED TO DO IN THOSE DIFFERENT AREAS.

UM, SO HERE'S AN EXAMPLE.

WE'RE JUST GOING TO WALK THROUGH A SERIES OF, UM, OF PICTURES FROM DIFFERENT YEARS AND THERE'S GOING TO BE TWO FOR EACH YEAR.

THERE'S BASICALLY TWO IMAGES.

THERE'S ONE THAT THIS IS THE FIELD PHOTO.

SO THIS IS A SATELLITE IMAGE FROM 2010 OF A FIELD.

AND I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHERE THIS IS BECAUSE I'M BORROWING THIS FROM SOME OTHER INFORMATION.

SO THIS IS MORE JUST GENERIC CONCEPT.

UM, YOU CAN SEE THIS IS ACTUALLY A CENTER PIVOT AREA HERE, AND SOME OTHER THINGS ARE GOING ON IN THIS LAND.

I KNOW IT'S NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL ANYTHING AT THIS SCALE, BUT YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THE ILLUSTRATOR VALUE HERE IN A SECOND.

THIS IS THE RESULT OF A SATELLITE BASED ITI ANALYSIS FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR WHERE THEY'VE STITCHED TOGETHER, ALL OF THE IMAGES, ALL THE READS.

AND AGAIN, YOU'LL HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS FROM THE PRESENTATION FROM METRIC ABOUT HOW THEY DO THAT.

AND THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS.

METRIC IS ONE OF THE METHODS.

UM, THERE'S A VARIETY OF WAYS.

ALL OF THESE THINGS REALLY ALLOW YOU TO HAVE SOME COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS THAT THERE'S ARGUMENTS OUT THERE ABOUT WHICH ONE IS RIGHT.

AND THEY'RE ALL MAYBE A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

WE'RE NOT TRYING TO GET INTO THAT ARGUMENT.

IT'S MORE ABOUT BIG PICTURE PLANNING, BECAUSE IF YOU RECALL, OUR WHOLE GSP MANAGEMENT IS ABOUT MANAGING IMPROVED GROUNDWATER CONDITIONS OR STABILIZING GROUNDWATER CONDITIONS, RIGHT? IT'S NOT ABOUT TRYING TO DRIVE TO A CERTAIN NUMBER AND A CERTAIN CONSUMPTION CONSUMPTIVE USE NUMBER OR A CERTAIN NUMBER OF ACRES OR CERTAIN CROPS.

IT'S ABOUT STABILIZING GROUNDWATER.

SO TOOLS AND INFORMATION LIKE THIS CAN INFORM THOSE DECISIONS AND HOW WE TRY AND MOVE FORWARD AND HELP

[00:20:01]

US UNDERSTAND HOW THAT MIGHT NEED TO VARY GEOGRAPHICALLY.

SO WE'RE GOING TO WALK THROUGH A LITTLE BIT WHAT YOU SEE IN THE ORANGE, THE DARKER, THE COLOR, THE LESS CONSUMPTION THAT'S OCCURRING.

AND SO YOU CAN SEE IN THE LAND SATELLITE, THIS IS PRETTY MUCH SOME BARREN AREA.

MAYBE IT'S A DRIVE AN AREA INTO THIS FIELD, AND IT PRETTY MUCH HAS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CONSUMPTION.

UM, AND THERE'S A LITTLE BIT FROM THIS SPOTTY FIELD HERE THAT'S OCCURRING AND A LITTLE BIT FROM OVER HERE, THE SATELLITE IMAGE, ISN'T THE BEST FROM 2010 HERE.

SO 2012, WE START SEEING SOME CHANGES.

THIS STARTS TO BECOME A LITTLE MORE DEFINED AS, UM, AS SOME CROP FIELDS.

AND THIS AREA HERE ALSO HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM THE CENTER PIVOT TO MORE OF A, WHAT APPEARS TO BE AN ORDER, AN ORCHARD, UM, WHEN YOU, WHEN YOU DRILL IN A LITTLE BIT MORE, BUT IT'S A YOUNG ORCHARD AND IT ALSO, THIS PART HAS BEEN PLANTED.

AND SO YOU END UP SEEING NOW A LITTLE MORE DEFINED BLOCK.

YOU SEE THESE, THESE AREAS ARE WE'RE ACTUALLY, IF YOU ZOOM IN THESE AREAS ARE YOUNG, YOUNG, YOUNG TREES, AND THEY'RE GETTING MORE MATURE AND THEY'RE STARTING TO SHOW A SIGNAL AND A, AND A SIGNATURE.

SO THEY'RE STARTING TO CONSUME MORE, WHICH MAKES SENSE, RIGHT? BABY TREES DON'T USE MUCH.

THEY START GROWING A CANOPY, THEY START USING MORE WATER 2013.

WE STARTED SEEING EVEN MORE WHEN WE STARTED SEEING THIS AREA, STARTING TO SHOW UP A LITTLE BIT, WHICH HAS JUST BEEN PLANTED AND STARTING TO MATURE OUT.

AND SO YOU SEE THIS PICTURE NOW, AND ESSENTIALLY WHEN YOU START TO LOOK AT THIS PICTURE VERSUS THIS PICTURE, AND YOU START TO SEE SOME OF THESE TRENDS, YOU CAN, WHEN YOU DO THIS ON THE DIFFERENT SCALES, YOU CAN START TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING IS ITI PRETTY STABLE ACROSS THIS WHOLE TIME FOR THIS GEOGRAPHIC AREA.

AND I KNOW THERE'S PLACES WE'VE LOOKED AT IN SOME AREAS WHERE IT'S VERY STABLE FOR LESS, YOU KNOW, THE CROP IS HOMOGENEOUS AND YEAH, THERE MIGHT BE REPLANTING AREAS, BUT THE GENERAL SCHEME FOR THAT WHOLE, YOU KNOW, X NUMBER OF ACRES, 10,000 ACRES, 50,000 ACRES, 200 ACRES, IT'S ABOUT THE SAME DEMAND OR THE SAME CONSUMPTION.

AND YOU CAN SEE THOSE KINDS OF TRENDS OR YOU MIGHT SEE, AND A CHANGE IN THAT TREND WHERE YOU'RE STARTING TO SEE AN UPWARD GLIDE WHERE YOUR CONSUMPTION IN 2010 VERSUS 2014 VERSUS 2018 VERSUS 2019 IS GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION, WHICH IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE NEED TO BE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW FAST WE MIGHT NEED TO IMPLEMENT SOME OF THESE ACTIONS AND STARTING TO GET OUT THERE AND TRYING TO HELP ADDRESS FLEXIBLE TOOLS FOR THE LANDOWNERS TO BE ABLE TO MANAGE AGAIN, TO THESE GROUNDWATER CONDITIONS.

SO ONE OF THE THINGS THAT'S WITHIN THE BUDGET IS LOOKING TO, UH, TO, UM, DO THIS ANALYSIS.

IT'S PRETTY LOW COST TO BUY BACK, TO LOOK BACK ON ABOUT 10 YEARS OF DATA TO HAVE A GEOGRAPHICALLY LINKED TO THOSE SUSTAINABILITY ZONES.

AND THEN WE'D BE ABLE TO SAY, THIS IS ON THIS, ON THIS OWN.

AND LOOK AT A PATTERN.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GOING INTO EACH PARCEL AND TRYING TO SAY, WELL, LOOK AT WHAT THIS PERSON DID.

THIS IS MORE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING TRENDS.

SO IT CAN INFORM DECISIONS BY THIS BODY AS TO HOW IT WANTS TO START TO IMPLEMENT VARIOUS PROJECTS.

UM, YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU REALLY LOOK BACK AT, UH, I WANT TO JUMP ALL THE WAY BACK HERE WHEN WE JUST LOOK AT THIS MAP, WHEN WE TALK ABOUT, UM, DOING SOME OF THE WATER RIGHT APPLICATION FOR FLOWS ON THESE STREAMS, THERE MIGHT BE AREAS THAT ARE GOING TO BE MORE BENEFITING FROM WATER RIGHTS THAN OTHER AREAS.

AND SO WE HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HOW THOSE PLAY IN, AND THAT'S GOING TO BE PART OF OUR DECISION AS WE LOOK AT STUFF WITH SUSTAINABILITY ZONES AND WE UNDERSTAND ITI TRENDS AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

SO THAT WAS REALLY WHAT WE WERE GOING TO TOUCH ON.

AND THAT WAS A PRETTY SHORT AND SWEET PRESENTATION.

I'M HAPPY TO HAVE ANSWER QUESTIONS NOW OR AFTER, OR DURING THE BUDGET CONVERSATIONS.

WE CAN TALK ABOUT MORE THINGS.

LACEY, WAS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANTED TO ADD? OH, YES.

I GUESS ENHANCING THE MONITORING NETWORK WOULD BE THE OTHER PART.

UM, SO THE GRANT LACY JUST TALKED ABOUT IS GOING TO DO SOME THINGS.

AND ONE OF THE OTHER PARTS THAT WE, UH, WOULD LIKE TO, TO TRY AND GET SOME, SOME MOVEMENT ON IS, IS GET SOMEBODY TO START IDENTIFYING LOCAL WELLS THAT CAN BE REPURPOSED OR BE PART PART OF OUR MONITORING NETWORK, NOT A NEW WELL THAT GRANT IS LOOKING AT DRILLING NEW WELLS, BUT WE CAN ALSO ADD A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT TO OUR DATA NETWORK, UM, BY FINDING PEOPLE WHO HAVE MAYBE HAVE A, WELL, THEY HAVEN'T FULLY ABANDONED YET, OR MAYBE THEY HAVE A WELL THAT'S, UM, NOT USED TREMENDOUSLY AND WE CAN ACTUALLY GO IN AND VIDEOTAPE IT, START DOING MONITORING AND MEASUREMENT THERE THAT CAN HELP INFORM THE BASE AND OPERATIONS.

SO WE'RE GOING TO NEED SOMEBODY TO, UM, AND THIS WAS DONE AT SOME OF THE LOCAL, UM, I THINK, UH, UP IN TOOLEY OR, UH, TURLOCK, SORRY, TOO MANY TEAS, NOT TOOLEY LAKE OR NOT EAST TO LARRY, BUT, UM, TURLOCK HAS WORKED WITH SOMEBODY RECENTLY TO TRY AND START DOING THIS, AND WE WANT TO FOLLOW SUIT WITH THAT.

AND ALSO LOOK FOR SOMEBODY THAT CAN BOTH IDENTIFY WHERE WE MIGHT NEED THEM HELP IDENTIFY WHERE THERE ARE WELLS, AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO NEED SOME OUTREACH COMPONENTS.

SO WE NEED SOMEBODY TO BE ABLE

[00:25:01]

TO GO OUT TO LANDOWNERS, TALK TO THEM, SAY, HEY, WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN MAKING YOUR WELL AVAILABLE FOR THIS KIND OF PROCESS? UM, AND THOSE MIGHT BE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAT WE HAVE TO ENGAGE IN THAT EFFORT, UM, BECAUSE WE NEED SOMEBODY THAT'S GOING TO BE TRUSTWORTHY TO WALK OUT AND TALK TO THE LANDOWNERS ABOUT SIGNING UP WELLS.

UM, I THINK THAT WAS IT RIGHT.

OKAY.

I APOLOGIZE FOR MISSING THAT ONE.

ANY QUESTIONS AT THIS POINT, GEORGE, WOULD THIS BE, UH, IN ADDITION TO THE CAZ GYM NETWORK, OR WOULD THIS BE, BE TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM IT TRYING TO FILL IN YOUR DATA GAPS? I THINK IT WOULD BE ADDING TO JUST TRYING TO FIND EXISTING WELLS TO ADD, TO CAUSE THE WELLS COSTS A LOT OF MONEY TO DRILL NEW.

SO IF THE GRANT GIVES US, UH, HOW MANY WERE IN THAT IF THEY WERE SHALLOW, THERE WAS THREE SHALLOW OR ONE DEEP, THAT'S NOT EXPANDING OUR IN OUR DATA GAPS VERY MUCH.

SO WE EITHER NEED TO SPEND MORE MONEY AND FIND MORE GRANTS OR SPEND OUR OWN MONEY TO TRY AND EXPAND THAT AS A, AS A SUB BASIN, AS A GROUP OF GSS.

OR WE CAN FIND PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING, HEY, I'LL, I'LL LET YOU USE MY WELL SURE.

AND THEN WE'LL VIDEOTAPE WHERE WE CAN GET IT QUALIFIED FOR KAZ JAM, UM, AND BE ABLE TO ADD IT TO THAT, THAT MONITORING NETWORK.

AND IT NOW IS ONE OF OUR FLAGGED WELLS THAT WE KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ITS CONSTRUCTION, ITS DETAILS, AND THEN WE CAN JUST MONITOR IT.

SO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IDLE WELLS, WELLS WITHOUT PUMPS? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR WELLS THAT, UH, I DON'T THINK WE WANT TO SAY WHICH WAY RIGHT NOW.

I THINK WE WANT TO SEE, I BOTH CAN BE USED.

AND THAT'S WHERE I THINK ASKING SOMEBODY WHO'S IN THOSE DETAILS ABOUT WHAT WELLS WILL WORK BEST FOR A MONITORING NETWORK WILL BE, WILL BE HELPFUL FOR US.

UM, BECAUSE SO LONG AS WE KNOW WHEN IT'S GOING ON AND OFF, OR MAYBE IT'S ALWAYS OFF IN FEBRUARY AND WE MEASURE IT THEN, CAUSE THEY DON'T START IRRIGATING UNTIL MARCH.

OKAY.

AND THEY'RE USUALLY SHUT OFF BY OCTOBER WHEN WE MEASURE IT AFTER SHUTDOWN, AS LONG AS WE'RE NOT MEASURING IN THE MIDDLE OF IRRIGATION WHEN IT'S GOING UP AND DOWN AND, AND THAT, YOU KNOW, WE CAN, WE CAN ADDRESS ALL THOSE THINGS.

SO IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AN A, UH, CURRENTLY IDLE WELL OR A, WELL, THAT'S BEEN ABANDONED WITHOUT DEFINITELY STRETCH THE DOLLARS FOR ABSOLUTELY.

AND THAT'S WHAT WE'D WANT TO DO.

SO SOME OF THE DOLLARS THAT ARE IN THESE BUDGETS WOULD BE HIRING SOMEBODY TO HELP FIND THOSE AND THEN PAYING FOR VIDEOTAPING SOME OF THOSE WELLS AND GETTING THOSE LISTED AND ADDED.

I THINK THAT'S, THAT'S GOOD TO GO.

LET'S GET THAT GOING IMMEDIATELY.

THANK YOU.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? YOU HAD A QUESTION? UH, I ASSUME THERE'S NO LIABILITY INVOLVED IN THIS.

WELL, WE WERE GOING TO SIGN, KOHL'S NAMED EVERYTHING I THINK, RIGHT.

WAS THAT THE LAST ONE I'M AFRAID OF? OH, I'M JUST HYPOTHETICALLY.

IF, IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW OF A, OF A WELL THAT, UH, WASN'T WORKING ANYMORE, BUT HADN'T GONE THROUGH THE PROCEDURES OF THE ABANDONMENT THAT THE COUNTY WANTS YOU TO DO WITH ALL THIS FOLDEROL AND EVERYTHING, UH, SEEMED LIKE THAT MIGHT BE A PRETTY GOOD THING TO DO BEFORE FOR THE RUINED IT.

YEAH.

HYPOTHETICALLY, IF YOU'VE GOT A HOLE IN THE GROUND THAT HASN'T ACTUALLY BEEN PLUGGED, UM, IT PROBABLY WOULD MAKE SENSE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT.

AND I THINK ALL OF THE AGREEMENTS THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE IN PLACE WOULD ADDRESS THE LIABILITY ASPECTS APPROPRIATELY SO THAT THE LAND OWNER FEELS COMFORTABLE.

OKAY.

WITH BRAD SAID, HE'D SIGN UP FOR EIGHT HE'D, HE'D BE ON THE LOOK OF HOOK FOR IT.

ALL RIGHT.

WELL, HE'LL TAKE, HE'LL TAKE ON YOUR IMMUNITY.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? IT APPEARS THAT WITH, WITH THIS, UM, UH, UM, AGENDA ITEM THAT THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ACTIVITIES, UH, THAT ARE BEING DISCUSSED HERE THAT, THAT WE NEED TO CONSIDER THAT WE DO NEED TO, TO ADDRESS.

UM, I DON'T THINK WE CAN DO IT HERE TODAY, BUT I, I DO THINK WE NEED TO, UM, UH, AN A, UM, WHETHER IT'S A TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OR WHATEVER COMMITTEE DID TO, TO, UM, HAVE, UM, A, UH, UM, TO TAKE THIS SUBJECT UP TO, TO START TO, UH, MAKE SOME DECISIONS.

WELL, I THINK WHAT WE'D LIKE TO MAYBE GET HIS DIRECTION TO SAY, GO START PUTTING SOMETHING TOGETHER, PUT MAYBE SOME SCOPE LANGUAGE TOGETHER TO GO TRY AND FIND SOME PEOPLE BRING THAT BACK TO YOU FOR, UM, APPROVALS, UM, INDIRECT TO DIRECT IT, TO TRY AND FIND PEOPLE TO DO SOME OF THESE THINGS IN THESE AREAS.

SO, UM, I DON'T THINK, YOU KNOW, SO WE CAN GO DEVELOP SOME SCOPE LANGUAGE THAT SAYS, HERE ARE THE DETAILS.

WE NEED SOMEBODY TO GO DO IT.

WE CAN SOLICIT SOME INPUT, WE CAN GET SOME COSTS AND WE CAN BRING THAT BACK IN FRONT OF YOU GUYS TO, TO TAKE CARE OF THAT.

WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO ADD.

SORRY, I SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE.

UM, I THINK THAT MAKES SENSE.

I WOULD SUPPORT THAT.

WHAT'S THAT? I DUNNO IF THAT NEEDS A MOTION.

I DID.

IT JUST KIND OF FIGURED IT OUT.

ANY OTHER COMMENTS? YEAH, NO, I MEAN, YEAH, I, UH, I SERVE ON THE EAST, UH, TURLOCK AND OF COURSE THEY'RE,

[00:30:01]

THEY'RE DOING THIS, UM, PRETTY HEARTILY RIGHT NOW AND OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS ACTUALLY.

SO, UM, YEAH.

YEAH, IT'S SOMETHING WE HAVE TO DO.

AND, AND, UH, I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU COME BACK WITH SOME DIRECTION, UH, POSSIBILITIES FOR US TO DECIDE ON.

I HAVE A QUESTION, GREG, WHAT WOULD IT TAKE? SO BACK TO THE FIRST THING WE TALKED ABOUT WITH THE SATELLITE IMAGERY, HOW LONG WOULD THAT TAKE TO WHAT WOULD BE THE, A GOOD FIRST STEP TO START COMPILING THAT DATA AND LISA, I DON'T BELIEVE, BUT I'LL GO UP TOGETHER TO MAKE, I KNOW WE MENTIONED SUSTAINABILITY ZONES AND DIFFERENT THINGS.

LET'S LOOK AT ONE OF THESE MAPS LIKE THIS.

SO IN ANOTHER LOCATION WHERE I'M HELPING, WE CONTRACTED WITH SOMEBODY FOR NOT A LOT OF MONEY, I MEAN EASILY, NOT A LOT OF MONEY.

THE DATA'S ALREADY THERE.

THEY ASSEMBLED THE DATA BASED ON BOUNDARIES.

WE GAVE THEM AND WE SAID, WE WANTED ON THESE BOUNDARIES, THEY ASSEMBLED IT ALL.

WE NOW HAVE ALL THIS 2010 THROUGH 2019 DATA FOR EACH ONE OF THOSE BOUNDARIES.

WE HAVE ALL THE RASTER IMAGES THAT SHOW ALL THE PRETTY PICTURES.

WE JUST CAN'T DRILL DOWN TO A PARTICULAR FIELD, WHICH WE DIDN'T WANT TO DO.

ANYWAY.

WE WANTED TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND TRENDS.

UM, AND THAT WAS WITHIN A COUPLE MONTHS.

SO WE CAN GET THE CONTRACT AT THE DATA, DO SOME ANALYSIS, START LOOKING AT IT, AND NOW YOU AND THIS BODY WOULD OWN THAT DATA.

YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE WITHIN THE GIS FUNCTIONALITY OF THE COUNTY.

THEY'D PROBABLY HAVE THE RASTER IMAGES AND WE COULD PRODUCE DIFFERENT MAPS OVER DIFFERENT TIMES, UM, AND DO THINGS WITH THAT.

CAUSE THAT WOULD BE BASICALLY BUYING THAT INFORMATION, UM, AND THEN DO THE ANALYSIS WITHIN A FEW MONTHS.

SO YOU'D BE ABLE TO START SEEING, OH MY GOSH, WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY.

OR HEY, THINGS ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING PRETTY GOOD.

AND THESE AREAS ARE PRETTY STABLE ACROSS THIS TIME BECAUSE I THINK ONE OF THE THINGS THAT'S REALLY OF INTEREST IS, YOU KNOW, SIGMA WAS PASSED IN 2014.

UM, IT BECAME, YOU BASICALLY STARTED DOWN THE PATH IN 2015, 20, 20, YOU SUBMITTED A PLAN.

SO THERE'S A LOT THAT'S HAPPENED IN THAT TIMEFRAME, BUT A LOT OF IT WAS BASED ON DOING THIS BASELINE BUDGETS USING KIND OF DATA UP TO 2015 AND THERE'S STUFF THAT'S HAPPENED SINCE THEN, GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT THAT WE SHOULD AT LEAST BE AWARE OF AS IT INFORMS CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW, WHERE WE MAY NEED TO FOCUS HOW RAPID WE MAY NEED TO TRY AND ADDRESS CERTAIN THINGS, INCENTIVES, UM, OTHER PROGRAMS, WHATEVER IT MIGHT BE SO THAT WE DON'T, YOU KNOW, GET OURSELVES IN A SITUATION FOR WHEN WE'RE FINALLY READY TO START PUTTING IN FURTHER, ANY KIND OF RESTRICTIONS AS THEY MAY BE NECESSARY.

CAUSE WE ILLUSTRATE A FAIR AMOUNT OF DEMAND REDUCTION IN THE GSP, RIGHT? THAT WE DON'T WANT THAT CLIFF TO BE STEEP.

SO WE NEED TO GET ON IT.

WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND IT.

WE NEED TO START MAKING DECISIONS AND LET GROW, OR START TO BE INFORMED SO THEY CAN START UNDERSTANDING WHERE THEY MAY WANT TO MAKE CHANGES.

DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT TIMING WITH RESPECT TO THE ACTIVITIES THAT, THAT YOU'VE JUST DISCUSSED? IS, IS THERE A PRIORITY AMONG THEM TO BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH FIRST BEFORE YOU GO ONTO THE NEXT ONE? IT LOOKS LIKE THERE MIGHT BE A, AND UH, ARE YOU, ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS IT IN THAT MANNER? I MEAN, I WOULD, THAT MIGHT MAKE SENSE TO HAVE THE SUSTAINABILITY ZONES.

IF WE KIND OF HAVE A FEEL ON THIS BODY IS ABLE TO DISCUSS AND WITHIN THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUP, MAYBE WE CAN DISCUSS WHAT THOSE MIGHT LOOK LIKE AND YOU KNOW, THOSE AREN'T SET IN STONE.

THOSE ARE ONLY SIMPLY GUIDANCE.

AT THIS POINT.

WE MAY DOWN THE ROAD, YOU MAY ADOPT THEM IN SOME MORE FORMALITY TO SAY, IF YOU WERE IN THIS ZONE, YOU KNOW, HERE'S A FEE YOU MIGHT HAVE, OR HERE'S A RESTRICTION YOU MIGHT HAVE COMPARED TO BEING IN ANOTHER ZONE.

BUT FOR RIGHT NOW IT'S GUIDANCE INFORMATION.

SO IF WE CAN GET THAT MOVING QUICKLY, THAT COULD THEN INFORM THE T ANALYSIS CAUSE WE'RE USING SIMILAR BOUNDARIES, BUT BOTH COULD BE MORPHED OVER TIME, I GUESS.

YOU KNOW, IT'S NOT THAT THAT DIFFICULT, BUT I DO THINK YOU'RE POINTING OUT SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE IN THAT IS TRYING TO ESTABLISH WHAT WE WANT, WHAT WE THINK SUSTAINABLE ABILITY ZONES MIGHT NEED TO LOOK LIKE AT THIS POINT, ESPECIALLY FOR TRYING TO ASSESS WHAT MIGHT BE THE TRENDS THAT ARE GOING ON THE CONSUMPTIVE USE TRENDS GOING ON IN THOSE DIFFERENT ZONES.

THAT WAS DIFFERENT AREAS OF OUR BASIN.

I SHOULD SAY.

YOU KNOW, WOULD IT FOLLOW THAT IN ORDER TO REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S THE SAME SUSTAINABILITY ZONES WE ARE LOOKING AT, UM, TALKING ABOUT THAT, THAT WE NEED TO GET, UM, THE DATA COLLECTION FROM SOME REMOTE SENSING TO ASSIST IN THAT DECISION MAKING.

SO IT KINDA, THE, THE TWO OF THEM SEEM TO BE A NETWORK THERE IS IT, IS IT THE CART RAIL? WHICH CHICKEN OR EGG QUESTION, I GUESS, WHICH ONE'S MORE FORMATIVE?

[00:35:02]

UM, WELL I HAD JUST SOMETHING FOR YOU TO SAY, THINK ABOUT, WE DON'T NEED, WE DON'T NEED TO GET TOO FAR INTO IT.

I JUST, I JUST MENTIONED THAT BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A DISCUSSION ITEM.

OKAY.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS FOR, UH, UH, GREG, THIS ONE, I GUESS I WANT TO SAY IT BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO GO AND COME BACK WITH SOME DIRECTION, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME, YOU KIND OF ALLUDED TO IT A LITTLE BIT THAT, YOU KNOW, THERE ARE SOME AREAS WHERE MAYBE THE GROUNDWATER IS CLOSER TO THE SURFACE.

WE HAVE AREAS THAT HAVE, UH, ISSUES WITH WATER QUALITY, SALT, YOU KNOW, SO I'M KIND OF MY EXPECTATION IS THAT WHEN YOU COME BACK, YOU WOULD BE ADDRESSING THOSE ISSUES AS PART OF HOW WE DECIDE WHAT ZONES OR ZONES IS THAT WHAT I WOULD THINK WE'D WANT TO DO IS ASK, I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THOSE ZONES.

I THINK WE NEED TO ASK SOMEBODY TO TAKE ON THAT EFFORT AND THEY WOULD LOOK AT SEVERAL FACTORS, GEOPOLITICAL BOUNDARIES, HYDRO-GEOLOGY WATER QUALITY, UM, MAYBE TRENDS IN AGRICULTURE.

AND IF YOU LAYERED SEVERAL OF THOSE THINGS TOGETHER, WHAT DOES IT, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE TO SOME STUFF START TO START TO SORT OUT BASED ON THAT? MMM.

I THINK, YOU KNOW, LACEY AND I WOULD BE INVOLVED IN HELPING TRY AND GUIDE SOME OF THOSE FACTORS AND WHICH MAY WEIGH MORE THAN OTHERS, BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMEBODY COME BACK WITH THREE OR FOUR DIFFERENT PROPOSALS THAT SAY, LOOK LOOKING AT THIS HANDFUL OF FACTORS.

HERE'S KIND OF WHAT WE LOOK AT.

YOU KNOW, MAYBE THERE'S SOME AREAS THAT HAVE MORE DEEP WELLS, THERE'S A SUBSIDENCE ZONE THAT'S KIND OF IN THAT SOUTHWEST CORNER.

UM, YOU KNOW, THERE'S, THERE'S A COUPLE OF THINGS LIKE THAT THAT MIGHT BE IMPORTANT TO, TO FACTOR IN.

AND THEN WE CAN BRING THAT BACK AND, AND DISCUSS IF WE WANT TO TRY AND SETTLE IN AN AREA FOR PURPOSES OF STARTING TO PUT FORWARD OTHER PROJECTS AND OTHER CONCEPTS.

BUT YEAH, BASED ON THE CRITERIA PUT FORTH BY CITY, GOSH, I DON'T KNOW IF WE'D HAVE TO BE LIMITED BY THAT CRITERIA.

I THINK IT WAS WHAT WE THINK MIGHT MAKE SENSE WHAT'S PRACTICAL.

RIGHT.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? SANDY MUSH IS A GREAT EXAMPLE.

IT'S MADE, YOU KNOW, IT'S AN INTERSPERSED DISTRICT, RIGHT? WITH NON DISTRICTED LAND SPACED IN BETWEEN.

WELL, YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE A SUSTAINABILITY ZONE THAT LIKE IN THIS CASE ACTUALLY CUTS PART OF SANDY MUSH.

I MEAN, AGAIN, THESE ARE JUST VERY SIMPLISTIC PICTURES, SO IT MAY HAVE INTERESTING SHAPES TO INCLUDE THINGS WELL, IS THAT YOU'RE DOING THAT BECAUSE THAT'S MORE PRACTICAL FOR MANAGEMENT POSSIBLY, BUT WHAT ELSE DOES IT, DOES IT HAVE OTHER IMPLICATIONS TO WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T REALLY LOOK AT THAT THAT MUCH? AND MAYBE, MAYBE WE GET BACK TO LOOK, WE JUST HAVE TO, WE, WE BASICALLY DRAW A BIG LINE RIGHT HERE AND YOU SAY, THIS IS AN AREA AND THIS IS AN AREA I RIGHT.

I DON'T KNOW.

AND I THINK WE SHOULD ADD A, WE SHOULD GET A COUPLE OF THINGS IN FRONT OF US.

THINK ABOUT THE IMPLICATIONS OF TRYING TO MANAGE THE BASIN TO GROUNDWATER LEVELS.

AND THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO DO FOR PURPOSES OF DEMONSTRATING THAT WE'RE MEETING OUR SIGMA OBJECTIVES, ESPECIALLY WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE IT TO, YOU KNOW, THIS BIG PARTY HERE IN THE MIDDLE.

WHO'S PART OF OUR BASIN.

THEY'RE GOING TO WANT TO SEE ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING.

AND WE MAY WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT AND INTERACTION ASPECT ALSO.

THANKS MR. CHAIR.

THANK YOU.

SO THE DIRECTION WILL BE TO, TO, UH, UH, DIRECT, UH, CURRENT STAFF TO MOVE FORWARD IN, IN, UH, UM, THE, THIS, UH, UH, RECOMMENDATION, UH, FOR THE NEXT STEPS.

IS THAT CORRECT? WE'RE IN AGREEMENT.

YES.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

I DIDN'T.

I OPENED UP THE PUBLIC.

SO ANY, ANY PUBLIC COMMENT ON THIS ITEM BEFORE WE LEAVE IT? OKAY, THANK YOU.

OKAY.

THE NEXT ITEM, JUST A FEW PAPER.

NEXT ITEM

[Item 6]

IS A FISCAL YEAR, UH, 2021 BUDGET AND LAND OWNER FEE APPROVAL.

UH, MS. MCBRIDE WILL PROVIDE A SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED BUDGET.

SO THE MURCIA BASIN GSA IS PROPOSED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021 IS FOR A TOTAL AMOUNT OF $996,302.

THIS INCLUDES BUDGET CATEGORIES OF LEGAL SERVICES, TECHNICAL SERVICES, AND MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES, WHICH TOGETHER MAKE THE TOTAL OPERATING EXPENSES FOR THE GSA.

AND THEN ADDITIONAL EXPENSES OF GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN EXPENSES

[00:40:01]

REFLECT THE BASIN WIDE SHARED COSTS THAT ALL THREE GSES IN THE MERSEYSIDE BASIN SPLIT, ACCORDING TO THE COORDINATION AGREEMENT, REVENUE IS BALANCED TO, TO THESE EXPENSES AND IT COMES FROM A CASH THAT IS CARRIED OVER FROM THE PRIOR YEAR AND THE PROPOSED FISCAL YEAR, 2020, 2021 SIGMA COMPLIANCE LANDOWNER FEE.

SO IF IT WORKS FOR THE BOARD, I'LL WALK THROUGH SOME OF THESE CATEGORIES AND EXPLAIN SOME OF THE NUMBERS THAT YOU SEE ON HERE.

AND THEN I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AND, UH, IT'LL BE AVAILABLE FOR BOARD DISCUSSION.

SO THE FIRST CATEGORY IS LEGAL EXPENSES.

THESE LEGAL SERVICES EXPENSES ARE PROPOSED IN THE AMOUNT OF $75,000.

AND THIS IS THE ESTIMATED AMOUNT REMAINING ON THE CONTRACT FOR LEGAL SERVICES WITH HAREM, CRABTREE, AND SUNTEC.

UM, THE MERCEDES SAID BASED IN GSA IS NOT NECESSARILY EXPECTING TO SPEND THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF 75,020 21.

HOWEVER, SINCE THAT'S THE REMAINING AMOUNT ON THE CONTRACT, WE'RE INCLUDING IT IN THE BUDGET, UNDER TECHNICAL SERVICES, THIS INCLUDES FUNDING AND THE AMOUNT OF $5,000 FOR THE FEE MODEL MAINTENANCE.

THAT'S THE, UH, TWO 18 ELECTION ITEM YOU SEE RIGHT THERE.

UM, THIS IS A CONTRACT THAT THE BOARD APPROVED WITH WATER IT AND CURRENT LAST YEAR TO UPDATE THE SIGMA LANDOWNER FEE MODEL AND TO PROVIDE THE DETAILED FEE ROLE FOR THE COUNTIES ASSESSOR, THE COUNTIES ASSESSOR'S OFFICES.

SO GSA, UM, HAS THIS PA THIS CONTRACT IN PLACE AND THE ESTIMATED AMOUNT FOR THIS YEAR IS $5,000.

$25,000 IS BUDGETED FOR HYDROLOGY AND MODELING UPDATE.

AND THIS AMOUNT IS SET ASIDE FOR ANY REQUESTS THAT THE GSA MAY MAKE FOR MODEL RUNS AND DATA FROM THE MERSEYSIDE WATER RESOURCES MODEL OR ANY HYDROLOGICAL DATA THAT'S PERTINENT TO THIS GSA.

SO THESE ARE ONLY REQUESTS.

THESE AREN'T BASED ON WIDE REQUESTS FOR MODEL RUNS.

THIS WOULD BE REQUESTS THAT THIS GSA MAKES OF A WATERED AND CURRENT WHO CURRENTLY, UM, WE HAVE A CONTRACT WITH A BASIN WIDE TO DO ANY, UM, MODELING THAT WE MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN.

THE LARGEST AMOUNT IN THIS CATEGORY IS FOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

A BUDGETING UNDER PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PROVIDES FUNDING FOR THE STUDIES AND PROJECTS AND IDENTIFIED IN THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.

AND SO THIS PROJECT DEVELOPMENT CATEGORY REALLY IS WHERE THE FUNDING WOULD COME OUT OF FOR THOSE PROJECTS THAT GREG YOUNG WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THE PREVIOUS ITEM.

UM, SO, UH, THESE PROJECTS COULD BE ACQUIRING DATA TO PREPARE THE, UH, PARCEL BASED WATER USE, UM, ENHANCING THE MONITORING NETWORK, FRAMING THE CONVERSATION FOR A DEMAND REDUCTION, UM, EXPLORING THE USE OF SUSTAINABILITY ZONES AND, UM, ENGAGING ENTITIES IN, UH, OTHER ENTITIES AND ORGANIZATIONS IN THOSE PROJECTS.

UM, YEAH, THE FLOOD MAR WATER RIGHTS APPLICATION.

SO THIS IS AN ESTIMATED AMOUNT FOR THIS, THIS YEAR FOR THE COSTS UNDER THE AGREEMENT THAT THE BOARD APPROVED AT THE LAST MEETING FOR THE FLOOD RIGHTS, UH, APPLIQUE, THE FLOOD WATER RIGHTS APPLICATION AND THE AGREEMENT AMONG THE MULTIPLE AGENCIES AND MERCEDES IRRIGATION DISTRICT IN THAT AGREEMENT, MERCEDES IRRIGATION DISTRICT PAYS HALF OF THE COSTS FOR THE WATER RIGHTS APPLICATION.

ALL OF THE OTHER AGENCIES TOGETHER PAY THE OTHER HALF OF THE COST AND THAT OTHER HALF THAT OTHER 50% IS STILL BEING NEGOTIATED.

SO RIGHT NOW WE DON'T HAVE AN EXACT NUMBER OF WHAT THE MERCEDES SUBBASE AND GSA IS PROPORTION OF THOSE COSTS WOULD BE.

SO THE ESTIMATE THAT WE PUT ON THIS IN THIS BUDGET IS 150,000 UNDER MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES.

UM, THESE INCLUDE MANY OF THE CONSISTENT EXPENSES THAT THIS BOARD HAS SEEN IN PREVIOUS BUDGETS.

THE ADMINISTRATIVE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES BUDGET IS A FUNDING FOR AN, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN MERSEYSIDE COUNTY AND THE GSA FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF STAFF TIME.

YOU'VE SEEN THIS ITEM BUDGETED IN THE PAST, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVEN'T HAD AN AGREEMENT.

AND AS A LATER AGENDA ITEM, YOU WILL SEE THIS AGREEMENT THAT THIS IS FUNDING BEFORE YOU FOR CONSIDERATION.

UM, CURRENTLY MERSEYSIDE COUNTY PROVIDES STAFF SUPPORT FOR THE DAILY ADMINISTRATION FINANCIAL SERVICES AS THE TREASURER AND THE SECRETARY SECRETARIAL DUTIES.

AND NOW THAT THE GSA HAS AN IDENTIFIED REVENUE SOURCE, THE COUNTIES, UH, WILL BE REQUESTING CONSIDERATION

[00:45:01]

OF THAT AGREEMENT.

SO THE MERCEDES ARE BASED IN GSA, UM, DOES HAVE A WAIVER FROM THE MERSAD COUNTY AUDITOR'S OFFICE FOR THE ANNUAL AUDIT BECAUSE OF OUR LOW REVENUE.

HOWEVER, WITH THE SIGMA COMPLIANCE LANDOWNER FEE NOW IN PLACE, THE GSA IS NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIVE-YEAR WAIVER OF AN AUDIT, AND WE'LL HAVE TO CONDUCT AN EXTERNAL AUDIT ANNUALLY.

AND SO THAT'S A NEW ITEM IN THAT MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES IS THAT $4,000 FOR AN ANNUAL AUDIT.

ON THE OTHER NOTE I WANTED TO MAKE HERE IS LAST YEAR, WE DID INCLUDE A CONTINGENCY UNDER MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES.

AND SINCE WE DID NOT, WE DID NOT SPEND THE CONTINGENCY AND YOU'LL SEE A LITTLE LATER ON, WE ACTUALLY HAD A FAIRLY LARGE CARRY OVER FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR.

UM, THE CONTINGENCY HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS BUDGET.

SO THE, SOME OF THESE EXPENSES, UH, MAKE UP THE TOTAL OPERATING EXPENSES FOR THE GSA IN THE AMOUNT OF 627,500.

I THINK YOU CAN LOOK AT THESE THREE CATEGORIES AS THESE ARE THE SOLE GSA EXPENSES.

THERE ARE ADDITIONAL EXPENSES THAT THE GSA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND THESE ARE THE BASE AND WIDE GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN EXPENSES THAT ARE SHARED AMONG THE THREE GSES AND THE BASIN THEY'RE SHARED ACCORDING TO THE COORDINATION AGREEMENT AND IN THE COORDINATION AGREEMENT, THIS GSA, UM, COVERS 58% OF ANY OF THOSE SHARED COSTS.

UM, THE GSA, THE GSP EXPENSES IN, UM, FOR THE COMING YEAR INCLUDE FUNDING FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL REPORT AND GSP IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING, WHICH INCLUDES, UM, THE REQUIRED MONTHLY MONITORING OF THE MONITORING NETWORK.

AND SO YOU SEE UNDER GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN EXPENSES, THE 55,000 IS THIS , UH, ESTIMATED PORTION OF THE SECOND ANNUAL UPDATE AND THE IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING THAT'S ABOUT 50,000 TO COVER THIS S A'S PORTION OF THAT MONTHLY MONITORING THAT WE HAVE TO DO WITHIN THE BASIN.

SO, UM, THERE'S TWO OTHER LARGE NUMBERS IN THERE THAT I WANT TO GET INTO A LITTLE BIT MORE DETAIL WITH YOU.

AND THIS IS IN THE CATEGORY OF GSP DEVELOPMENT.

UM, THOSE, THAT 200,000 AND THE 63,802 TOGETHER, THAT IS THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF THE GSP DEVELOPMENT COSTS THAT WERE COLLECTED FROM THE MEMBER AGENCIES BACK IN 2017, 2018, UM, IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF 413.

SO BACK IN 1718, THERE WERE A MEMBER CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF 413,000.

THIS WAS IN ORDER TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY CASH FLOW TO REIMBURSE THE MERCEDES IRRIGATION DISTRICT FOR THIS GSA IS PORTION OF THE GSP DEVELOPMENT COSTS.

AND THOSE WERE THE COSTS THAT WERE UNDER THAT CONTRACT WITH WOODARD AND CURRAN TO DEVELOP THE GSP MID HAS RECEIVED A MAJORITY OF THE REIMBURSEMENT, UM, FROM OUR DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES PROPOSITION, ONE GRANT, THAT'S THAT ONE POINT $5 MILLION GRANT AWARD THEY'VE RECEIVED A LOT OF THE REIMBURSEMENT FROM THAT.

AND THIS GSA HAS REIMBURSED MID FOR ANY LOCAL COST SHARE THAT THE GRANT DID NOT PAY FOR.

AND THAT AMOUNT THAT WE'VE PAID WE'VE REIMBURSED TO MID IS $149,236.

SO THIS REMAINING AMOUNT IS WHAT WAS SET ASIDE FOR GSP DEVELOPMENT HAS NOT BEEN COVERED BY THE GRANT, AND WE'VE NOT, UM, PAID IT TO MID FOR NOT NON GRANT FUNDED, UM, EXPENSES.

SO BECAUSE THIS IS GSP DEVELOPMENT DOLLARS, AND BECAUSE IT'S FUNDING THAT CAME FROM MEMBER AGENCY CONTRIBUTIONS, IT WON'T BE SPENT IN ANY OTHER CATEGORY OTHER THAN GSP DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT BOARD APPROVAL, THIS FUNDING, IT, IT MAY CONTINUE TO BE SPENT ON SOME OF THE, UH, MINOR GSP DEVELOPMENT COSTS THAT WILL CONTINUE.

THESE ARE ANY OF THE NON-REIMBURSABLE COSTS THAT MIGHT BE UNDER THE, UM, REMAINING PROPOSITION ONE GRANT, ANY NON-REIMBURSABLE COSTS FROM THE PROP 68, THE ROUND THREE GRANT THAT WE TALKED ABOUT, AND ALSO THERE IS $100,000 REMAINING ON THE WOODARD AND CURRENT CONTRACT.

THAT'S NOT GRANT FUNDED.

AND SO, AND THAT ESTIMATED $63,802, YOU CAN LOOK AT THAT AS THAT COULD BE THE PORTION OF GSP DEVELOPMENT, THAT IF WE DID SPEND THE WINTER AN INCURRENT CONTRACT DOWN TO ZERO, THIS GSA PAYS 58% OF THAT ABOUT 58,000.

[00:50:02]

AND THEN WE HAVE A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS IN NON-REIMBURSABLE GRANT EXPENSES FOR CONSULTANT TRAVEL AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

THEY'RE USUALLY NOT THAT MUCH.

I DID CHECK WITH WOODARD AND CURRENT.

THEY DID NOT ANTICIPATE IT TO BE THAT HIGH FOR THE NON-REIMBURSABLE DOLLARS FOR THOSE GRANTS LEFTOVER.

SO SETTING ASIDE $63,802 FOR ANY CONTINUED GSP DEVELOPMENT, THAT LEAVES APPROXIMATELY $200,000 OF THOSE MEMBER CONTRIBUTIONS, THAT WOULD BE ELIGIBLE TO BE RETURNED BACK TO THE MEMBER AGENCIES IN THE BUDGET YOU SEE HERE, UM, THAT $200,000 IS ALLOCATED TO RETURN BACK TO THE AGENCIES, BUT THAT'S AN ITEM FOR BOARD DISCUSSION IS, IS WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO DO WITH THAT $200,000.

UM, SO IN THE REVENUE SECTION OVER THE PAST YEAR, THE MERCEDES OF BASE IN GSA HAS RECEIVED GRANT FUNDING, WHICH HAVE HELPED OFFSET SOME OF THE ANTICIPATED EXPENSES IN LAST YEAR'S BUDGET.

UM, ADDITIONALLY, THE MOU OR THE AGREEMENT THAT WE TALKED ABOUT BETWEEN MERSEYSIDE COUNTY IN THE GSA WAS NOT YET IN PLACE.

AND SO THAT, UM, FUNDING IN THE MOST MISCELLANEOUS CATEGORY WAS NOT SPENT, THE CONTINGENCY WAS NOT SPENT THIS PAST YEAR.

WE DID HAVE, UM, WE DID HAVE AN ACCOUNTING ERROR THAT WAS QUICKLY CAUGHT, UM, AND RETURNED.

IT WAS SOME IX, IT WAS SOME FUNDING THAT WAS EXPENDED OUT OF THE GSES ACCOUNT, BUT QUICKLY RETURNED THIS YEAR.

AND SO THAT'S GOING TO ALSO ACCOUNT FOR THE CASH CARRY OVER THAT WE HAVE.

AND SO THE CARRY OVER FROM, UH, 2020 TO THE, FROM THE 2019 2020 BUDGET TO THE 2020, 2021 BUDGET IS, UM, IN THE AMOUNT OF $801, 959.

THIS IS AS OF MID JUNE, UM, WE WILL UPDATE THESE NUMBERS WITH THE ACTUAL END OF THE YEAR BUDGET NUMBERS.

ONCE ALL OF THE, UM, INVOICES HAVE BEEN PAID INVOICES FROM JUNE HAVE BEEN PAID, AND SO WE CAN GET THE ACTUAL NUMBER.

SO JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT THAT, UM, CASH NUMBER IS FROM MID JUNE.

SO IT WILL BE A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT.

SO EACH OF THESE NUMBERS MAY BE A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT ONCE WE FINALIZE THE END OF THE YEAR NUMBERS.

SO TO FUND THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF THIS PROPOSED BUDGET, IF WE HAVE THE $800,000 CASH FROM LAST YEAR, WE WOULD NEED $194,343, WHICH WOULD COME FROM THE SIGMA COMPLIANCE LAND OWNER FEE, THE PER ACRE FEE TO COLLECT $194,303 WOULD BE APPROXIMATELY 90 CENTS FOR IRRIGATED AGRICULTURE ACRES AND 13 CENTS FOR ALL REMAINING ACRES THAT ARE NOT EXEMPT.

AND REMEMBER, YOU DID EXEMPT PARCELS THAT ARE TWO ACRES OR SMALLER, AND, UH, FEDERALLY OWNED PARCELS LAMP.

UH, LIKE I SAID, THESE NUMBERS WILL BE UPDATED TO REFLECT THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR ACCOUNT TOTALS, AND THEY WILL BE UPDATED TO REFLECT THE PARCEL, UM, PARCEL MAPS.

AND THE LAND USE CHANGES THAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED IN THE GSA OVER THE PAST YEAR.

AND SO THAT 90 CENTS, 13 CENTS ACRE IS BASED ON LAST YEAR'S PARCEL MAP.

AND LAST YEAR IS LAND USE NUMBERS.

AND THERE COULD BE SOME CHANGES IN THOSE OVER THE COURSE OF THE YEAR.

THAT'LL BE UPDATED IN THE FEE MODEL UNDER THAT CONTRACT THAT YOU HAVE WITH WOODARD AND CURRAN.

SO THIS ALSO ASSUMES THAT THE GSP DEVELOPMENT DOLLARS THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO BE RETURNED TO THE MEMBER, AGENCIES ARE RETURNED.

IF THOSE DOLLARS ARE INSTEAD MADE AVAILABLE TO FUND THIS BUDGET, THEY COULD OFFSET THAT $194,000, AND THERE WOULD BE NO, UM, LANDOWNER FEE, OR THEY COULD BE PROGRAMMED, UM, TO PROVIDE FUNDING FOR, UM, ANOTHER, UH, ITEM IN THE BUDGET.

THEY COULD BE PROGRAMMED TO INSTALL MONITORING WELLS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

IN WHICH CASE YOU STILL WOULD NEED THE LANDOWNER FEE BECAUSE THAT FUNDING WOULD BE SPENT ELSEWHERE.

.

SO FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION TODAY IS, UM, THE, UH, CONSIDER APPROVING A BUDGET FOR 2020, 2021, AND THEN ALSO CONSIDER APPROVING A LANDOWNER COMPLIANCE FEE SIGMA SIGMA COMPLIANCE LANDOWNER FEE AT A RATE THAT FUNDS THAT 20, 20, 20, 21 BUDGET.

AND, UM, A COUPLE THINGS TO CONSIDER IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE $200,000 GSP DEVELOPMENT FUNDING BACK IN 2017, WHEN THAT WAS APPROVED TO BE COLLECTED FOR THE MEMBER AGENCIES AS STAFF, WE TOLD YOU THAT WE WOULD BRING THIS BACK AND YOU WOULD HAVE, UM, IT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE

[00:55:01]

ON WHAT TO DO WITH IT, IF YOU WOULD RETURN IT BACK TO THE AGENCIES OR USE IT IN ANOTHER PLACE.

AND SO THIS IS NOW THE TIME TO DECIDE THAT A FEW, FEW QUESTIONS, THE, OKAY, AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THERE HAS NOT BEEN A LOT OF, OF, UM, BILLING FROM MID FOR THE GSP EXPENSES.

AND I AM ASSUMING THAT THAT'S BEEN PRIMARILY MID, HAS PAID WOODWARD AND CURRENT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GSP.

AND THEY'VE BEEN GETTING REIMBURSED DIRECTLY BY THE DWR.

AND THAT'S WHY IT'S BEEN SLOW FOR THEM TO ACTUALLY BILL US, HAVE, HAVE YOU HAD SAT DOWN WITH THEM AND LOOKED AT THE ACCOUNTING OF THE BILLING AND EVERYTHING YET.

AND, AND SO YOU, YOU, YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE THAT THESE ARE OUR CORRECT NUMBERS.

YES, SO WE HAD IN 2017, WE HAD ANTICIPATED THAT MIT WOULD NOT FRONT, UM, THE GSP DEVELOPMENT DOLLARS BEFORE THE, UH, D DWR PROPOSITION ONE GRANT WOULD START REIMBURSING THEM.

THEY DID IN FACT FRONT THAT THOSE, THOSE DOLLARS, THEY DID NOT COME TO US AND ASK FOR US TO PUT FORWARD THE CASH AND THEN REIMBURSE US WHEN THEY GOT REIMBURSED BY DWR.

AND SO PART OF THE REASON WE HAD A LOT, WE HAD COLLECTED A LOT AND THEN IT WAS NOT SPENT WAS THAT WE NEEDED THAT CASH FLOW IN PLACE IN CASE MIT CAME TO US AND DID NOT WANT TO FRONT THE DOLLARS, BUT THEY DID.

I, I REACHED OUT TO WHAT IT INCURRENT DIRECTLY ON THE 63,000, THAT GSP DEVELOPMENT.

I REACHED OUT TO WOODARD AND CURRENT ON THEIR ESTIMATE FOR HOW MUCH THE SECOND ANNUAL REPORT WOULD COST.

AND THEN I HAD A CONVERSATION WITH MID ON THE GSP IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING AND HOW MUCH THEY WERE ANTICIPATING THAT WOULD, THAT WOULD COST.

AND SO I DIDN'T NECESSARILY SIT DOWN WITH MID AND TALK TO MID ABOUT EACH OF THESE COSTS, BUT I DID REACH DIRECTLY OUT TO WHAT AN INCURRENT AND WHAT THEIR ESTIMATES WOULD BE.

I DO SEE THE, UM, INVOICES FROM WHAT ARE OCCURRING WHEN MID INVOICES, US FOR ANY NON GRANT FUNDED DOLLARS, THEY SEND ALL THE BACKUP DOCUMENTATION.

AND SO I SEE ALL THAT COMING FROM WHAT EARNING CURRENT.

YEAH.

I JUST DIDN'T WANNA KNOW HOW YOUR COMFORT LEVEL WITH WIZ IS WITH THESE, THESE NUMBERS.

SO THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A SURPRISE BECAUSE YOU KNOW, THAT THERE'S SOMETHING THAT, THAT IS, YOU KNOW, NOT IN THE NUMBERS I DID.

THAT'S WHY I BROUGHT THAT UP.

UM, THE, THE, UM, YEAH, THE QUESTION I HAVE WITH THE GARDEN, THE BUDGET, UM, WE'RE GOING TO BE RECEIVING BACK FROM, UM, UH, STAFF AND GREG YOUNG, UM, A, UM, A PROPOSAL TO FUND THESE ACTIVITIES FOR THE FIVE-YEAR IMPLEMENTATION.

UH, ARE, ARE THOSE, UH, ACTIVITIES GOING TO BE FUNDED WITH CURRENT, UH, UH, WITHIN THIS CURRENT BUDGET, THEY ARE THEY'RE, THOSE ACTIVITIES ARE FUNDED UNDER TECHNICAL SERVICES IN THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SECTION.

SO THERE'S $250,000 UNDER PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

AND THAT 250,000 WOULD COVER ANY OF THOSE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PROJECTS AND STUDIES THAT WOULD BE UNDERTAKEN DURING THIS FISCAL YEAR.

OKAY.

AND YOU, YOU'VE KIND OF WORKED THAT OUT WITH ESTIMATING IT WITH GREG AND, AND WHAT, WHAT THE, WHAT THAT WOULD, IT WOULD BE EXPANDED IN THIS NEXT FISCAL YEAR.

IT IS AN ESTIMATE.

UM, WE, WE DO NOT HAVE IT BROKEN DOWN EXACTLY BY, BY PROJECT, BY PROJECT.

SO THAT'S GOING TO BE AS GOOD AS YOU CAN, BUT IT'S IN THERE.

IT'S AN ESTIMATE.

YEAH.

OKAY.

UM, IF, IF WE DECIDE TO, MMM, KEEP THE 200,000, WHAT DOES THAT DO TO OUR PROPERTY? TWO 18 LANDOWNER FEE? OKAY.

SO IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU DO WITH THE 200,000.

IF YOU KEEP THE 200,000 AND YOU DON'T RETURN IT TO THE AGENCIES, AND YOU JUST WANT TO USE IT TO FUND THIS BUDGET, YOU COULD ESSENTIALLY MAKE THAT TWO 18 LANDOWNER FEE GO AWAY.

CAUSE WE COULD TAKE THAT 200,000 INSTEAD OF SENDING IT BACK TO THE AGENCIES, YOU'RE USING IT TO FUND THE LANDOWNER FEE.

IF YOU TAKE THE 200,000 AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING MORE SPECIFIC IN MIND THAT YOU WANT TO USE WITH IT, AND IT GETS SPENT ELSEWHERE, THEN YOU WILL STILL NEED A LANDOWNER FEE TO FUND THE REST OF THE BUDGET.

BUT WE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE A SEPARATE ACTION FOR APPROVING THE, THOSE MONIES FOR ANOTHER ACTIVITY, BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T, WE HAVEN'T APPROVED, UM, UH, USING

[01:00:01]

THOSE, UH, THAT 200,000 DIRECTLY FOR NON THAT IT WAS FOR GSB DEVELOPMENT AND, AND W THIS WOULD BE A NEW ACTIVITY.

SO IT WOULD BE AN ACTION ON OUR PART.

I HAVE A QUESTION, LACY IS WHEN IT SAYS CARRIER OR FROM FISCAL YEAR 1819, THAT'S AN ERROR 1920, 19, 20, 1920.

I APOLOGIZE.

IS THAT TRULY A CARRY OVER OF THAT'S THAT IS CASH THAT'S ENTERED IN YOUR ACCOUNT, THAT THAT WILL BE IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

IT WAS IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON JUNE 30TH, 2020.

AND THEN IT'S IN YOUR ACCOUNT, STARTING ON THE BEGINNING OF YOUR FISCAL YEAR, JULY 1ST, 2020.

OKAY.

AND ON THE 200,000 OF AGENCY CONTRIBUTIONS, IS THAT SINCE INCEPTION OR JUST ONE FISCAL ONE, A ONE TIME CONTRIBUTION, THAT WAS THE ONE TIME CONTRIBUTION THAT ALL OF THE AGENCIES MADE.

WE HAD A TOTAL AMOUNT OF 413,