Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:01]

OKAY, WE'RE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND CALL THIS MEETING TO ORDER IT IS TWO OH TWO FOR THE RECORD.

THIS IS THE ONE TIME EVERY, EVERY FEW YEARS WHERE I GET TO, UH, TO PLAY, UH, WATERS ARE.

AND AS WE HAVE THE, UH, THE, UM, RESPONSIBILITY TODAY TO, TO ACTUALLY, UM, FIND A NEW CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR AS WELL AS SECRETARY FOR THIS GSA.

SO AGAIN, WE'RE GOING TO CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER TWO OH TWO.

LET ME DO A QUICK ROLL CALL.

UM, AND WE'RE GOING TO, UH, WE'LL GO AHEAD AND BEGIN WITH, UH, UH, MR. MARKINI PRESENT MR. GALLO HERE.

MR. PARK SUPERVISOR.

PERRERA HERE MR. VINSON HERE.

AND MR. UPTON WE'RE HERE.

I THINK I'M IN THE PENALTY BOX.

ALL YOU ARE NOT IN THE PENALTY BOX.

I CAN ASSURE THIS IS, WE'RE JUST DOING OUR PART WITH REGARD TO COVID AS YOU WELL KNOW, WHICH IS ACTUALLY A GOOD SEGUE, WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT, UH, THAT EVERYONE IS WELL AWARE THAT THIS, IN ADDITION TO OBVIOUSLY US HAVING THIS MEETING IN PERSON HERE TODAY, UM, THE, UM, DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 CRISIS AND AS AUTHORIZED BY THE GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDER, UH, THIS MEETING IS ALSO BEING BROADCAST, UH, AND THE PUBLIC IS ABLE TO PARTICIPATE VIA ZOOM, WHICH WAS ACTUALLY A PART OF THIS AGENDA.

SO AGAIN, WE WOULD CERTAINLY ENCOURAGE THAT.

AND SHOULD YOU HAVE A QUESTION, UM, FROM THE PUBLIC EITHER, UH, EITHER HERE OR, UM, ON THE ZOOM CALL, PLEASE, ON THE ZOOM CALL, I THINK THERE'S A FUNCTION WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY RAISE YOUR HAND, PLEASE DO THAT.

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT WE DO OUR VERY BEST TO, UH, TO, UH, TO CATCH THAT.

SO YOU CAN PROVIDE YOUR COMMENT PER ANY ITEM THAT COMES YOUR WAY.

SO AT THIS POINT, WE DO HAVE A CORE AND WE'RE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND DO OUR PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE SUPERVISOR PRIVILEGE.

I'D LIKE TO LEAD THIS LEAD, THIS EFFORT, SIR.

READY? I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC.

THANK YOU, SIR.

SO NOW WE'RE ONTO, UH, ITEM THREE ON THE AGENDA, WHICH IS THE ELECTION OF A CHAIR, A VICE CHAIR, AND SECRETARY COUPLE THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO ACKNOWLEDGE BEFORE WE GET THERE.

I WANT TO CERTAINLY, AND THERE IS AN ITEM HERE THAT THE OUTGOING CHAIR IS GOING TO MAKE SOME COMMENTS.

DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT TO ACKNOWLEDGE MR. KELLY FOR HIS WORK OVER THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS? SO MR. KELLY, THANK YOU SIR, FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP AND CERTAINLY WANT TO WELCOME MR. SPENCE INTO THIS, UH, TO THE DIOCESE AS WELL, AND LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU IN THE DAYS AHEAD.

SO IS IT, UH, IS THIS ITEM, UH, OBVIOUSLY ENTAILS, WE NEED TO, UH, YOU NEED TO IDENTIFY WHO IS GOING TO BE YOUR CHAIR AND YOUR VICE CHAIR AND YOUR SECRETARY.

AND WE WILL, UM, WE'RE GONNA START WITH, UH, WITH THE CHAIR, JUST BY VIRTUE OF, UH, SETTING GROUND RULES, BOARD MEMBERS ARE ABLE TO NOMINATE MEMBERS FOR THE POSITION OF CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR EACH NOMINATION MUST HAVE A SECOND.

ONCE ALL NOMINATIONS ARE IN, WE'LL GO AHEAD AND CALL FOR THE QUESTION.

UM, AGAIN, AND WE'RE GOING TO TREAT THESE SEPARATELY, NOT AS A SLATE.

SO WE'RE GOING TO START WITH, UM, NOMINATIONS FOR CHAIR AND THE FLOOR IS OPEN.

LIKE THE NOMINATE LLOYD PERREIRA HAS A CHAIR.

WE DO HAVE A NOMINATION FOR MR. GALLO FOR SUPERVISOR PRIOR TO SERVE AS CHAIR.

IS THERE A SECOND? OKAY.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, MR. UPTON.

SO WE DO HAVE A NOMINATION FOR SUPERVISOR PRAYER AS CHAIR, AND WE DO HAVE A SECOND.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER NOMINATIONS? OKAY.

SEEING NONE.

I'M GOING TO GO AHEAD AND CLOSE THE NOMINATIONS AND I'LL CALL FOR THE QUESTIONS, ALL THOSE IN FAVOR OF THE NOMINATION OF SUPERVISOR PRAYER AS CHAIR SIGNIFY BY STATING AYE.

AYE.

ARE THERE ANY OPPOSED, SORT OF AS A PRAYER? THANK YOU, SIR.

YOU ARE A NEW CHAIR.

WE CAN GO AHEAD AND SWAP SOME SEATS HERE REAL QUICK, OR YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND KEEP ON.

I'LL KEEP ON ROLLING HERE MOMENTARILY.

WELL, WHILE YOU, UH, WELL YOU GET MOVED, UH, WE WILL GO AHEAD.

WELL, THAT'S TAKEN PLACE THE SAME EXERCISE AS IT RELATES FOR VICE CHAIR.

DO WE HAVE ANY NOMINATIONS FROM THE DIAS FOR THE VICE-CHAIRMAN OF THIS GSA? UH, I NOMINATE, UH, NICK MARK, ANYTHING FOR, UH, VICE CHAIR? YES.

WE HAVE A NOMINATION FOR MR. PARK FOR MR. MARTINI MOTION.

AND WE HAVE A SECOND FROM MR. GALA FOR MR. MARKINI.

DO WE HAVE ANY OTHER NOMINATIONS FOR VICE CHAIRMAN? OKAY.

SEEING NONE.

I'M GOING TO GO AHEAD AND CLOSE THE NOMINATION.

SO WE DO HAVE A MOTION ESSENTIALLY ON A SECOND FOR MR. MARKINI TO CONTINUE HIS SERVICE AS VICE CHAIRMAN.

ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE.

AYE.

ARE THERE ANY OPPOSED MR. MARKINI CONGRATULATIONS, SIR.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SERVICE.

LAST ONE.

AND THEN

[00:05:01]

I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER TO, UH, TO, UH, TO CHAIRMAN PERREIRA IS, UH, ANY NOMINATION THEN VOTES FOR SECRETARY.

UM, I HAVE PLAYED THIS ROLE FOR A FEW YEARS.

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO CONTINUE, BUT THIS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR DISCRETION.

SO I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION, UH, OR EXCUSE ME, A NOMINATION FOR SOMEONE TO SERVE AS SECRETARY.

I NOMINATE MARK HENDRICKSON TO CONTINUE AS SECRETARY ARC.

THANK YOU, SIR.

OKAY.

WE'VE GOT, WE HAVE A NOMINATION FOR MARK HENDRICKSON TO SERVE AS SECRETARY FROM MR. PARK A SECOND FOR MR. GALA.

DO WE HAVE ANY OTHER NOMINATIONS FROM THE, UH, FROM THE DYES? GO AHEAD AND CLOSE THE NOMINATIONS, ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE.

AYE.

ARE THERE ANY POSTS? CONGRATULATIONS, MARK HENDRICKSON.

SO WE ARE IN, UH, WE DO HAVE A GOOD NEW SLATE OF OFFICERS AGAIN.

UH, THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, CHAIRMAN PERRERA.

UH, THANK YOU, MR. MARKINI FOR YOUR SERVICE.

UH, MR. CHAIRMAN IS YOUR AGENDA.

WE WERE UP TWO REMARKS FROM THE OUTGOING CHAIR.

WELL, IT'S A, IT'D BE MY PLEASURE, MR. KELL, IF YOU'D COME UP AND, UH, AND GIVE US YOUR OUTGOING REMARKS WHILE HE'S WALKING UP.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT HE'S, YOU KNOW, FOR ERIC YOU'RE, YOU'RE NEW TO THE BOARD, BUT MR. KELLY HAS REALLY DRIVEN, UM, THIS WELL AND, AND I HOPE TO, TO FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS, MR. KELLY.

YEAH.

THANK YOU.

UM, THERE, I WANT TO BE CONCISE BECAUSE THERE'S A LOT OF WORK TO BE DONE.

UM, BUT I DO, I DO WANT TO SAY THAT, UM, UH, THIS HAS BEEN, UH, A COMPLICATED COMPLEX PROCESS THAT WE STARTED, UH, FIVE YEARS AGO, FOUR YEARS AGO.

UH, AND A LOT OF WHAT WE'VE DONE, UH, HAD TO DO WITH, UH, JUST KIND OF GETTING OUR HANDS AROUND SUBJECT MATTERS AND STARTING INTO IT.

A LOT OF THE HEAVY LIFTING IS IN FRONT OF US.

UH, AND, UH, WHEN I SAT DOWN TO TRY AND WRITE MY IDEAS, UM, IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT.

NUMBER ONE, BECAUSE THERE'S SO MUCH INVOLVED.

UH, AND UH, EVERY TIME I ATTEMPTED TO WRITE SOMETHING, IT WAS ALWAYS TOO MUCH, MUCH TOO MUCH INFORMATION THAT THAT WOULD LEAD THE AVERAGE PERSON, ALL CONFUSED.

UH, SO THEN I TRIED TO, TO, TO, UM, UH, PARE IT DOWN AND THEN I FELT IT WAS KIND OF WRONG BECAUSE I WAS LEAVING OUT A LOT OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

SO THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST DIFFICULT THING BECAUSE WE START WITH NOTHING AND WE'RE TRYING TO BUILD SOMETHING THAT IS, THERE'S GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF STRUCTURE, A LOT OF, UH, UH, OF A FORMAL, UM, UH, UM, UH, FORMALITY AND ABILITY TO, UM, UM, UH, FORM DECISIONS AND MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS.

AND THEN, AND THEN, UH, HAVE THOSE IMPLEMENTED.

UH, SO, UM, UH, YOU KNOW, THAT BEING SAID, I'M GOING TO TRY AND JUST, JUST HIT SOME, SOME MAIN POINTS BECAUSE WE'VE HAD, WE'VE HAD VERY GOOD, UH, STAFF, UM, UH, MOVING US FORWARD AND THEY'VE GOT THEIR HANDS ON THINGS.

UH, UH, WELL, UH, SO I'M GONNA TRY AND JUST HIT, HIT THINGS THAT I THINK ARE, UM, UH, UM, WOULD, WOULD BE HELPFUL TO THE, TO THE BOARD MEMBERS, UH, GOING FORWARD.

AND THEY'RE REALLY IN, IN, IN TWO AREAS, UM, UH, FIRST IS THE BASIN SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE GOVERNANCE, UH, UH, AS A WHOLE, UH, AND THE SECONDARY IS RGSA SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE, UH, AND, UM, UH, FIRST THE BASIN SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE, UH, UM, IS, IS GOING TO REQUIRE, UH, A, UM, UM, SOME KIND OF, OF A DOCUMENT, WHETHER IT'S A MEM, UM, MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING OR, OR, UH, SOMETHING ALONG THAT LINE, THERE'S GOING TO NEED TO BE A ACTUAL DOCUMENT THAT WILL DEFINE HOW, UH, THE, THE, THE GSS, UH, MOVE FORWARD IN, IN THE DECISIONS THAT ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO, UM, UH, UH, ESTABLISH THE ALLOCATIONS, UH, THAT ARE REQUIRED, UH, WITH THE GSP THAT BASIN, UH, ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK THAT'S REQUIRED BY THE GSB.

SO, UM, UH, AND I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO THE DETAILS BECAUSE IT'S, IT'S, IT'S HARD.

I WANT TO HIT THOUGH, UH, THE TOPIC OF DEVELOPED SUPPLY AND, UM, THIS IS A, UH, UH, A, UH, LEGALLY ACCEPTED PRINCIPLE THAT, THAT, UH, UH, FOREIGN WATER, UH, OR WE'LL, WE'LL SAY SURFACE WATER, UH, THAT PERCOLATES, UH, INTO THE BASE.

AND SOME PORTION OF IT, UH, IS AVAILABLE FOR EXTRACTION IS NOT CONSIDERED PART OF THE SUSTAINABLE

[00:10:01]

YIELD NATIVE GROUNDWATER.

UM, THAT CONCEPT IS, HAS BEEN ACCEPTED.

UM, UH, THE, THE DIFFICULTIES ARE, UH, YOU KNOW, WHAT, WHAT HAS TO BE DONE IS YEAH, FIRST WE HAVE TO DEFINE IT.

AND THAT'S WHERE WE GOT INTO TROUBLE.

WHEN WE FIRST DID THE MOU.

UM, A LOT OF, A LOT OF THOSE CONCEPTS WERE THROWN INTO THAT FIRST MOU, UH, WITHOUT, WITHOUT DEFINITION ON BOTH SIDES ON WHAT EXACTLY, UH, DEVELOPED SUPPLY IS.

I ACTUALLY CREATED ANOTHER FILE DOCUMENT THAT, THAT I THINK THAT, THAT STAFF WILL PASS AROUND ON MY THOUGHTS WITH REGARD TO, UH, UH, DEVELOP SUPPLY.

UM, UM, BUT, YOU KNOW, WE, WE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS BASIN IS IN SEVERELY OVERDRAFT CONDITIONS.

THAT IS A COMMUNITY BASIN IN THAT WITH RESPECT TO SOME PORTION OF PERCOLATED SURFACE WATER.

UH, IT IS, UH, UM, UH, IT IS, UH, IT IS A COMMUNITY AT SOME OF IT HAS TO BE, UM, FOR THE HEALTH OF THE BASIN.

UH, SOME OF IT HAS TO BE IDENTIFIED, UH, WITH RESPECT TO WHAT WAS PERCOLATED SURFACE WATER.

AND THEN THE BALANCE IS WHAT WE'RE GOING TO BE LEFT WITH TO ALLOCATE IN THE WAY IN WAY OF SUSTAINABLE YIELD.

UM, THE, THAT BEING SAID, IT IS THE EQUITY ISSUE, IN MY OPINION, FOR THE GSA IS NEEDED TO NEED TO GO NEGOTIATE WHAT THE ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK IS GOING TO BE.

NOW, THERE ARE GOOD ARGUMENTS ON BOTH SIDES AS TO WHAT, WHAT THE DEVELOPED SUPPLY IS.

UM, IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THAT THE SURFACE WATER SUPPLIER MIV IN THIS CASE COULD TIGHTEN UP ITS CONVEYANCE.

SO, UH, ALL LITTLE PERCOLATION AND STUART AND RECHARGE BASINS AND MAKE A CASE THAT IT'S WHOLLY, UM, UH, UH, UH, UH, RECAPTURE WILL, UM, WHAT, WHAT I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER, AND THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE, THE BEGINNING OF, OF, OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DEVELOPED SUPPLY IS THAT THERE'S STRONG REQUIREMENTS ON DOCUMENTATION OF PERCOLATION DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS SHOULD BE ESTABLISHED BY THE CONSENT OF THE GSA, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE UP TO THE CREDITING PARTY TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED STEPS TO ESTABLISH, UH, ACCEPTED, UH, DEVELOP SUPPLY.

AND IT WOULD BE THE SAME, NO MATTER WHAT TYPE IT WOULD BE.

UH, UH, UM, THERE, THERE IS ALSO, YOU KNOW, I, I DON'T BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE LOOKING BACK.

I THINK YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT GOING FORWARD THAT, UH, ACCREDITING PARTY, WHOEVER IT IS, HAS TO ESTABLISH OWNERSHIP AND INTENT TO RECAPTURE, UM, UH, AND, UH, THAT WAY, UM, THERE'S, IT'S CLEARLY A THOUGHT OF AS THIS IS, THIS IS, THIS IS WATER SURFACE WATER THAT'S PERCOLATED THAT THE THEY'RE INTENDING TO, TO, UH, RECAPTURE WHETHER IT BE, UH, CURRENT, UM, UH, SURFACE WATER PROVIDED BY THE IRRIGATION DISTRICT OR PERCOLATED, UH, UH, UH, RECHARGE WATER, OR OVER APPLIED SURFACE WATER.

THERE HAS TO BE A, UH, A IMPORTANT, UM, CLEAR STEPS THAT EACH, EACH ONE OF THOSE, UH, UH, PROCESSES GOES THROUGH, UH, AND THERE NEEDS TO BE THIRD-PARTY, UH, UH, CONCURRENCE.

SOMEHOW THERE'S GOING TO NEED TO BE A, UH, AN AGREEMENT AS TO A THIRD PARTY AS TO DEFINING THIS, AND IT WILL BE ONGOING.

IT'S GONNA, IT'S, IT'S GOING TO HAVE TO HAPPEN.

UH, UM, YOU KNOW, REGULARLY, I DON'T KNOW THE INTERVAL MAYBE MORE OFTEN THAN FIVE YEARS, BUT AT LEAST FIVE YEARS, UM, THE ESTABLISHMENT OF, OF JUST EXACTLY, UH, WHAT IS DEVELOPED SUPPLY IS GOING TO HAVE TO CONTINUE BECAUSE OVER TIME, UM, UH, THERE'S INCREASED EFFICIENCIES.

THERE'S LESS WATER PERCOLATING INTO THE, INTO THE, UH, GROUNDWATER AND, AND, UM, UH, THE IMPORTANT CONCEPT IS, IS, UH, IF IT IS INDEED, UH, UH, UH, UH, PERCOLATED, UH, SURFACE WATER, AND IT MEETS THEIR CORE REQUIREMENTS OF DOCUMENTATION, UM, UH, THEN IT'S, IT'S FINE.

IT'S NOT WHAT IT WOULD BE SUBJECT TO A, THE SUSTAINABLE YIELD NATIVE GROUNDWATER ALLOCATION.

HOWEVER, IF IT'S OVERESTIMATED OR IT'S, IT'S, IT'S, UM, UH, NOT, UH, REAL IN THAT CONCEPT, UH, THEN IT BECOMES QUITE PROBLEMATIC

[00:15:01]

TO, UM, BE ABLE TO CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY BECAUSE YOU'RE, YOU'RE, UH, UH, ALLOWING, UH, WATER, UH, PARTICULARLY A GROUNDWATER TO, TO, UH, UH, UH, UH, LEAVE TO RECAPTURE THAT THAT WAS NOT, THAT THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN, UH, THE CASE.

SO, UH, I WANT TO, I WANT IT SAY THAT YOU CAN, YOU CAN GET WRAPPED UP IN THE DETAILS, BUT IF IT'S WELL-DOCUMENTED AND IT, AND, AND, AND IT IS QUOTE UNQUOTE REAL, IT SHOULDN'T, YOU SHOULDN'T GET TOO, UM, CONCERNED BECAUSE IT IS ACTUALLY IS, UH, UH, PERCOLATED SURFACE WATER.

SO I KIND OF, I WANT, I WANTED TO, TO MAKE THAT POINT WITH, WITH RESPECT TO, TO DEVELOP SUPPLY, UM, UH, I, AS I SAID, I HAD, THERE'S AN ADDITIONAL FILE THAT I, THAT I, UM, UH, WROTE ON, UH, WITH RESPECT TO DEVELOP SUPPLY AND, UH, EH, THE IMPLEMENTATION DISCUSSION ITEMS, WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT, THAT THE, UH, UH, THE BOARD HAS, UH, BEEN, BEEN WORKING ON.

UH, AND, AND SO, UH, I HOPE THAT THE STAFF SHARES THAT WITH YOU, BECAUSE IT JUST FURTHER, UH, DESCRIBES WHAT I, WHAT I JUST WENT TO.

I WANTED TO SAY ALSO THAT THERE'S GOING TO NEED TO BE WITH RESPECT TO THE, TO THE, UH, LARGER BASIN, A GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE.

I CALL IT THE BASIN SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE BOARD.

IT WOULD BE IN AN ADMINISTRATIVE OR IMPLEMENTATION AND IMPLEMENTATION ARM FOR THE BASIN ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK TO ESTABLISH AND DOCUMENT A ONGOING CONSUMPTIVE USE PERMIT, WHICH WILL CHANGE A SUSTAINABLE YIELD.

NATIVE GROUNDWATER ARE DEVELOPED SUPPLY AND PROGRESS ON GROUNDWATER DEMAND REDUCTION.

UM, I, I DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT GOING TO SAY WHO, HOW MANY IN THERE SHOULD BE, I BELIEVE AT TECHNICAL COMPONENT.

AND I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD, IT'S GOING TO BE ANSWERABLE TO THE GSA BOARDS, BUT THERE'S, THERE IS GOING TO NEED TO BE, UH, DOWN THE ROAD, NOT TOO FAR, UH, A, UH, UH, A STRUCTURE BECAUSE YOU ALL THERE HAVE YOUR OWN JOBS AND YOU ALSO AS MEMBERS OF THE GSA, BUT, BUT THE, UH, UH, UH, UH, ADMINISTRATIVE AND IMPLEMENTATION OF, OF, OF THESE, UH, UH, BASED ON ALLOCATIONS, THAT'LL BE AN ONGOING, UH, UH, PROCESS.

AND SO IT, I AM MY OPINION, THERE NEEDS TO BE A FORMAL STRUCTURE.

UM, OKAY.

THAT BEING SAID, THE NEXT ITEM WAS THIS GSA, UH, UM, UH, NEED TO FOCUS ON.

UM, AND A LOT OF IT IS, IS, IS, UH, UH, BEING, UH, UM, IMPLEMENTED AS WE, AS WE SPEAK, WE WERE, WE'D BEEN WORKING WITH, UH, UH, STAFF AND CONSULTANTS, UH, ON REMOTE SATELLITE SENSING.

UH, WE'VE BEEN WORKING WITH RESPECT TO, UH, DATA GAPS, UM, UH, THAT, THAT THAT'S ALL ONGOING, UH, SUSTAINABILITY ZONES W DEFINED HYDROLOGICAL AREAS, UH, THAT MAY REQUIRE PROCEDURES AND ALLOCATIONS OF, OF, UH, SUSTAINABLE YIELD, UH, GROUNDWATER, UM, UH, UH, UH, YOU KNOW, THAT, THAT THAT'S, THAT'S, WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT.

AND IN ORDER TO GET TO THE IMPORTANT THING, GROUNDWATER DEMAND REDUCTION, UM, THAT REQUIRES A TIERED ALLOCATION OF AVAILABLE, UM, NATIVE SUSTAINABLE YIELD NATIVE GROUNDWATER.

AND I SAY, TIERED, UH, I, I'M TALKING ABOUT, UM, ONCE A SUSTAINABLE YIELD NATIVE GROUNDWATER NUMBER DOES FINALLY COME OUT WHEN WE GET THROUGH WITH THE ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK, THAT WILL BE DIVIDED ACCORDING TO WHAT THE, THE GSA SEES FIT, BUT THAT'S WHERE WE WOULD BE IN TOTAL 40 W THAT AMOUNT OF WATER WOULD BE, WOULD BE LIKE AN ALLOCATED ON A, ON A, ON A PER ACRE BASIS.

THE NEXT TIER WOULD BE TRANSITIONED WATER.

THIS IS OVERDRAFTED RIGHT WATER.

THE CURRENTLY IS BEING, UH, PULLED OUT.

UH, IT WOULD, IT WOULD BE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AFTER 2040, UH, THE IDEA THERE IT'S, IT, IT IS THE AMOUNT OF WATER, UM, THAT WOULD ALLOW A TRANSITION TOWARDS, UH, UM, UH, SUSTAINABILITY, NOT ALL AT ONCE.

THESE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF, OF, UH, TIERED WATER ARE GOING TO HAVE PRICES ON

[00:20:01]

THEM.

AND, UH, WE KNOW THAT THAT'S, THAT'S GOING TO BE OUR MAIN WAY THAT WE'RE GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO BUSINESS.

SUSTAINABLE YIELD WILL, WILL BE LESS EXPENSIVE.

TRANSITION WATER WILL BE QUITE A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE, AND THEN THERE'S GOING TO BE, NEED TO BE PENALTY WATER, WHICH IS IF YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF WATER THAT IS THAT, THAT YOUR, YOUR TRANSITION AND YOUR SUSTAINABLE, UM, THAT IS GOING TO BE QUITE EXPENSIVE.

UM, THE ONLY TYPE OF WATER IN MY OPINION, THAT THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO BE TRADED WOULD BE SUSTAINABLE YIELD WATER, NOT THE TRANSITION WATER, NOT, NOT, YOU KNOW, ANY OTHER TYPE OF TIERED WATER, UH, THAT THAT'S, THAT'S MY OPINION ON THAT ONE.

UM, THERE, THERE IS, UH, TWO PDF DOCUMENTS.

THEN THE STAFF KNOWS ABOUT, UH, THAT THAT ARE NEIGHBORING, UM, GSA HAVE DONE, UH, THAT, UH, DESCRIBE PRETTY MUCH WHAT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

THE, UH, THERE'S THE EAST TULI ALLOCATION RULES AND REGULATIONS, UH, GSS WORK AND MADEIRA COUNTY, UH, GSA HAS WORK ON ALLOCATION.

SO THOSE ARE, THOSE WOULD BE GOOD THINGS TO LOOK AT BECAUSE THAT'S, THAT'S WHAT WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR US.

UM, NEXT ITEM IS, UH, UM, UH, BASIN-WIDE, UH, TRADING AND CREDIT PROGRAM.

I DON'T NEED TO GET INTO THAT RIGHT NOW, BUT THAT WILL HAPPEN.

UH, UM, UM, THERE'LL BE INDIVIDUAL FARMING UNITS, UH, THAT WILL, UM, UH, UH, BE REGISTERED AND, AND, AND THEY'LL BE ABLE TO MOVE THEIR WATER AROUND WITHIN THEIR FARMING UNIT OR EVEN TRADE IT, BUT THAT THAT'S, THAT'S A LITTLE BIT DOWN THE ROAD, BUT THAT, THAT'S DEFINITELY A, UM, UH, SOMETHING THAT, THAT, THAT WE'LL SEE DEVELOP IN TIME.

UM, MY NEXT THING IS, IS, IS SIMPLY THAT, THAT, UH, UM, YOU KNOW, THE, UH, UM, THE MERCER COUNTY, OUR STAFF, UH, GSA HAS, HAS DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB, UH, AND THIS, IN THIS PROCESS.

UM, BUT, UH, UNDERSTANDING THAT, UH, CURRENT STAFF, UH, THIS AND MERCER COUNTY HAVE FOUR SUB BASINS THAT THEY ARE, UM, INVOLVED IN.

SO THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE WEEDS VERY MUCH ON THIS DEAL.

UH, SO THERE'S GOING TO NEED TO BE, UM, IN, IN A SHORT ORDER.

AND I, I, AND I'M THINKING SHORT ORDER THAT WE, WE NEED TO THINK ABOUT AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.

WE NEED, NEED TO SIT, NEED TO TALK TO TALK ABOUT SOMEONE THAT, THAT IS, THAT IS, UH, KNOWLEDGEABLE, UH, THAT IS GOING TO TAKE THIS PROCESS FORWARD ON A, ON A, UH, ON A MUCH MORE RAPID, UH, UM, UH, UH, PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE TO, WE HAVE TO MAKE SOME REAL PROGRESS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.

UM, WHEN WE, WE HAVE A FIVE-YEAR, UM, UH, RE REPORT AND WE'VE GOT TO SHOW SOME PROGRESS AND, AND DEMAND REDUCTION, SO THAT THAT'S GOING TO BE, UH, UM, UH, UH, AN IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT.

THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IS GOING TO NEED ALSO TO, TO HAVE SOME KIND OF, IN MY OPINION, UH, SOME KIND OF, UH, UH, OF, UH, A BOARD THAT, THAT, UH, CAN, UH, ASSIST IN MAKING THE DECISIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE ALLOCATIONS WITHIN THE GSA.

AND I'M NOT GOING TO GET INTO THAT, BUT I DO THINK THAT THERE'S, THERE'S SOME FORMAL STRUCTURE THERE, UH, REQUIRED.

SO, UM, FINALLY, UM, UH, WHAT I WANTED TO SAY IS, IS, UM, UM, I, YOU KNOW, I, I I'VE APPRECIATED THE TIME HERE.

I'VE LEARNED A LOT.

UM, I CAN TELL YOU THAT, THAT, UM, UH, IT IS, UH, UM, PROBABLY MOST, MOST COMPLEX, UH, THING THAT HAD TO DO, BECAUSE THERE WAS, THERE WAS, THERE WAS, UH, NOTHING, THERE WERE NO, THERE WERE NO, UH, RULES WE HAD TO TRY AND FIGURE IT ALL OUT OURSELVES.

AND THAT, THAT, THAT, THAT WAS HARD, UM, AND CONTINUES TO BE HARD.

UM, BUT I, I, YOU KNOW, I, THE PROCESS GOING FORWARD IS GOING TO BE COMPLEX, GOING TO BE FRAUGHT WITH MISSTEPS.

UM, YOU KNOW, THE GOALPOSTS OF SUSTAINABILITY ARE GOING TO BE CONSTANTLY MOVING, UM, BUT MISTAKES CAN BE CORRECTED.

UH, AND IT'S MORE IMPORTANT THAT WE MAKE PROGRESS THAN BE HESITANT ABOUT MAKING A MISTAKE.

AND FINALLY, UM, UH, WHICH IS A, IS A CONCEPT, WHICH I APPRECIATED WHEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT.

UM, AND THAT IS THE PRINCIPLE THAT PERFECTION CAN BE THE ENEMY OF THE GREATER GOOD.

AND WHAT THAT IS SAYING IS, UM, ALWAYS ATTEMPT TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE DON'T GET LOST IN CURRENT ISSUE, BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, UM, IN, IN JUST ABOUT, UH, ANY, UH, PUBLIC, UH, UH, UH, UH, UH, PROCESS, UH, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.

THAT'S JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

AND, UH, UM, IF YOU, IF, IF YOU, IF YOU CAN SEE

[00:25:01]

THE BIG PICTURE, IF YOU CAN, IF YOU CAN REALIZE WHAT WE GOT TO GET THERE, LET'S NOT WORRY ABOUT WE GOTTA HAVE THIS, AND WE GOT TO HAVE THAT.

UH, I THINK THAT, UH, I, UH, I, I THINK THAT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET THERE FINE.

AND IF IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S WAY TOO COMPLICATED, JUST TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME, ONE STEP AT A TIME, DO THE BEST YOU CAN, AND THEN GO TO THE NEXT ONE.

ANYWAY.

THANK YOU.

WELL, THANK YOU.

AND, UM, UH, DO ANY OF THE, MY CO-BOARD MEMBERS LIKE TO MAKE ANY COMMENTS OR, UM, I'D JUST LIKE TO EXPRESS MY APPRECIATION FOR JUST ALL THE WORK ALL THE TIME SPENT BY, UH, OUTGOING, UH, PRESIDENT KELLY FOR, FOR HIS EFFORTS AND, AND CARING TO TRY TO MAKE THIS WORK RIGHT.

ANYONE ELSE? NOPE.

OKAY.

WELL, I, I CERTAINLY, YOU KNOW, APPRECIATE ALL YOU'VE DONE AND, AND BEING WILLING TO, TO DRIVE.

I DON'T THINK WE'VE PROBABLY MOVED AS FAST AS YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED IN THE LAST, UH, COUPLE OF YEARS, BUT, UM, UH, I, I BELIEVE WE'VE ALL HEARD YOU AND WE WILL, UH, HOPEFULLY AS A BOARD, UH, DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE HEED YOUR WORDS AND MOVE A LOT FASTER? UM, SO THOSE DIDN'T GO WASTED ON ME.

SO THANK YOU FOR THOSE.

UM, AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

UH, WE'LL GO TO, UH, ITEM FIVE, UM, PUBLIC COMMENT.

SURE.

AND THIS IS THE, UH, OBVIOUSLY THE POINT IN THE MEETING THAT, UH, SHOULD THE PUBLIC HAVE ANY, UH, ANY COMMENTS ON ANY MATTER OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN THIS BOARD'S JURISDICTION, INCLUDING ITEMS ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA.

UH, TESTIMONY IS LIMITED TO THREE MINUTES.

JUST ONE QUICK REMINDER FOR THOSE ON THE ZOOM CALL.

SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN ACTUALLY MAKING PUBLIC COMMENTS, PLEASE USE THE RAISE HAND FEATURE.

WE'VE GOT STAFF AS WE'RE SPEAK, UH, WATCHING TO SEE IF SOMEBODY POPS UP.

AND I SEE NOBODY COMING TO THE PODIUM HERE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.

AND IS ANYBODY ONLINE LOOKING TO MAKE A COMMENT? THERE ARE NO RAISED HANDS FOR PUBLIC COMMENT AT THIS TIME.

OKAY.

MR. CHAIRMAN, WE HAVE NOBODY THAT, UH, WANTS TO MAKE PUBLIC COMMENT.

ALL RIGHT.

UH, THANK YOU, MR. SECRETARY, WE'LL MOVE TO ITEM SIX APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES.

DID ANYBODY HAVE ANY CORRECTIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THE MINUTES? ALL RIGHT.

ANY OBJECTION TO APPROVING THE MINUTES? IS THERE A MOTION CAROL? MR. I'LL MAKE THAT MOTION TO APPROVE THE MINUTES FROM JANUARY 14TH.

THANK YOU.

MOVED BY MARCHINI.

SECONDED BY GALLO.

WE'VE ALREADY HAD PUBLIC COMMENT.

UM, DID YOU DO THE CALL THE ROLL PLEASE? THE VOTE, IF WE CAN DO THAT AND BEAR WITH ME, I JUST, I THINK UNDER THE BROWN ACT AND THE COVID WE SHOULD DO RIGHT.

THAT'S OKAY.

SO, UH, WE'LL START WITH, UH, VICE CHAIRMAN, MARK KEATING.

YES.

MR. GALLO.

AYE, MR. PARK.

HI, MR. UPTON.

YES.

MR. SMITH.

HI AND MR. CHAIRMAN.

YES, YOU DO HAVE A PASTOR MINUTES.

OKAY.

AND NOW WE'LL MOVE TO ITEM SEVEN GSP IMPLEMENTATION WORKSHOP.

WE'LL TURN THAT OVER TO STAFF.

THANK YOU.

THIS IS A WORKSHOP FOR THE BOARD MEMBERS.

UM, IT'S A DSP WORKSHOP FOR THE BOARD MEMBERS TO GIVE A REFRESHER ON BOTH THE GOALS OF THE GSP AND THE STRATEGIES THAT THE BOARD HAS ALREADY TALKED ABOUT BEFORE.

AND IF I CAN JUST DOUBLE CHECK THAT WE ARE SEEING THE SLIDES ON THE ZOOM CALL THE BOTTOM MIDDLE.

YEAH.

CAUSE THEY COME UP ON HERE.

YES.

OKAY.

SO EXCUSE ME FOR JUST A SECOND.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE THE COMPUTER IN FRONT OF YOU ON YOUR, YOUR CALL BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE, ON THE BOTTOM, YOU CAN PULL THE SLIDE UP ON YOUR SCREEN, IF THAT WOULD BE EASIER FOR YOU, YOU DON'T HAVE TO, BUT YOU'RE YOU'RE, YOU CAN, AND SLIDES ARE VISIBLE ON THE ZOOM CALL AS I SEE THEM.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

SO, UM, I'M LACEY MCBRIDE WITH MERCER COUNTY AND I WILL BE PRESENTING SOME SLIDES TAG TEAMING ALONG WITH GREG YOUNG, WITH TALI AND YOUNG.

AND SINCE THIS IS A WORKSHOP, WE'RE HOPING THAT THIS CAN BE A DIALOGUE FOR THE BOARD TO ASK QUESTIONS OF STAFF, TO HAVE CONVERSATION AMONGST YOURSELF.

SO AS WE GO ALONG, DON'T HOLD BACK ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS AND, AND CHIME IN, UH, WHAT WE'RE LOOKING TO COVER THROUGH THIS WORKSHOP.

UM, A REVIEW OF THE GSP SUSTAINED AND THE SUSTAINABILITY GOALS.

WE'RE GONNA LOOK AT THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN THAT THIS BOARD HAS SEEN BEFORE

[00:30:01]

AND HAS WORKED ON BEFORE.

WE WILL LOOK AT THE CURRENT DEMAND CONDITIONS AND RELATION TO GROUNDWATER USE AND LEVELS.

GREG YOUNG, WE'LL WALK THROUGH SOME SLIDES LOOKING AT THAT ITI DATA THAT THE BOARD APPROVED AT THE LAST MEETING, WE'RE GOING TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACTIONS TO REDUCE GROUNDWATER USE IN THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN GSA.

AND TALK ABOUT EXPANDING THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION ACTIONS FOR DEMAND REDUCTION, AND THEN TALK ABOUT SOME NEXT STEPS.

SO FIRST THE SUSTAINABILITY GOAL THAT THE MER SAID, GROUNDWATER SUSTAINABILITY PLAN IDENTIFY AS IS TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT ON A LONG-TERM AVERAGE BASIS BY INCREASING RECHARGE AND OR REDUCING GROUNDWATER PUMPING WHILE AVOIDING UNDESIRABLE RESULTS.

SO THE PLAN IDENTIFIES TWO REAL, UM, TARGETS.

ONE IS REDUCING GROUNDWATER PUMPING, AND THE OTHER IS INCREASING RECHARGE UNDER REDUCING PUMPING, UH, THE PLAN AND THE GSA HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT REDUCTION IN GROUNDWATER USE IS NECESSARY IN THE BASIN.

THE GSP HAS IDENTIFIED THAT THE SUSTAINABLE YIELD AT THE YEAR 2040 AS APPROXIMATELY 570,000 ACRE FEET A YEAR.

NOW THIS NUMBER INCLUDES IRRIGATION PUMPING, URBAN PUMPING AND WATER PUMPS THAT WAS SEEPED FROM CANALS.

SO THIS SUSTAINABLE YIELD NUMBER IS NOT NECESSARILY THE NATIVE YIELD OF THE BASIN.

DETERMINING WHAT THAT NATIVE YIELD IS, IS PART OF THE ONGOING DISCUSSIONS THAT ARE HAPPENING IN THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE AND THE AD HOC COMMITTEE BETWEEN THE GSA IS THERE ARE TWO MANAGEMENT ACTIONS THAT WERE IDENTIFIED IN THE GSP.

ONE IS THE INITIAL GROUNDWATER ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK.

THIS IS WHERE THE GSA, UM, WELL ALLOCATE THE SUSTAINABLE YIELD OF NATIVE GROUNDWATER TO EACH OF THE GSA IS AGAIN, THIS IS WHERE THE AD HOC COMMITTEE IS CURRENTLY WORKING IN A SMALLER GROUP SETTING TO COME UP WITH WHAT THOSE BUCKETS OF GROUNDWATER ARE THAT EACH OF THE GSA IS, WOULD HAVE, UM, TWO PUMPS THAT WOULD CONTINUE THE BASE AND BE ON A SUSTAINABLE PATH IN 2040.

THE SECOND IS THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN GSA DEMAND REDUCTION, UM, MANAGEMENT ACTION.

AND THIS IS A DEMAND REDUCTION PROGRAM TO GRADUALLY REDUCE PUMPING AT A CONSISTENT ANNUAL RATE.

AND THE GSA HAS RECOGNIZED THAT THEY WILL FORMALIZE METHODS TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED GSA WIDE REDUCTION.

AND THOSE METHODS MAY BE IN PLACE BY 2025.

SO WHERE THE GSA IS TODAY AND THE CONVERSATIONS THAT YOU'RE HAVING TODAY ARE REALLY IN LINE WITH THE TIMELINE THAT YOU PUT IN THE GSP AND IN THIS MANAGEMENT ACTION A FEW YEARS AGO, WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A MANAGEMENT ACTIONS.

SO THIS MANAGEMENT ACTION DESCRIBES, UM, IDENTIFYING THE, THE, I I'M SORRY, THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS MANAGEMENT ACTION AND THE IDENTIFIES THAT DURING THE FIRST FEW YEARS OF GSP IMPLEMENTATION, THIS GSA WILL EVALUATE OPTIONS AND ADOPT NECESSARY APPROACHES.

AND SO THAT'S REALLY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE TODAY IN EVALUATING OPTIONS TO CONSIDER FOR ADOPTION.

AND I DO WANT TO JUST MAKE A NOTE ALSO, UM, AND BOB KELLY REFERRED TO IT THAT THESE SMALL STEPS THAT WE CAN BE TAKING, UM, ALLOW US TO SEE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT MAY NOT BE THE BEST PATH.

AND IT MAY BE EASY TO BACK OFF FROM SOME OF THOSE SMALLER STEPS AND REDIRECT, AND THAT'S ALL A PART OF THE PATH THAT WE'RE ON HERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF DEMAND REDUCTION IS, YEAH.

CAN I ASK A QUESTION OR SHOULD I WAIT TILL IT'S IN? OKAY.

ON YOUR GOALS, YOU START TO INCREASE IN RECHARGE AND REDUCING GROUNDWATER PUMPING.

I AGREE WITH THAT, BUT HOW ABOUT, UH, UH, GETTING WATER BROUGHT IN FROM OTHER BASINS, UH, WE'RE TRANSFERS AND EVERYTHING, WHEN THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS ON THE TABLE NOW WHERE WE CAN BRING WATER INTO THE MERSEYSIDE BASE AND THAT HERETOFORE HAS NOT BEEN BROUGHT IN.

YEAH, I THINK THAT IS RIGHT IN LINE WITH PART OF THE SUSTAINABILITY GOAL THAT TALKS ABOUT INCREASING RECHARGE AND, UM, INCREASING SURFACE WATER SUPPLIES.

SO THE GSP, UM, IDENTIFIES INCREASING SURFACE WATER SUPPLIES AND USING SURFACE WATER AS ANOTHER OPTION.

SO THERE, THERE ARE TWO SIDES OF IT.

WE'RE NOT ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE DEMAND REDUCTION.

WE'RE ALSO TALKING ABOUT THESE SURFACE WATER SUPPLY PROJECTS THAT WE'RE ANTICIPATING TO HAVE.

UM, THERE'S THERE ARE SEVERAL THAT ARE IDENTIFIED IN THE GSP.

ONE OF THEM ACTUALLY IS THAT GRAND ATHLONE WATER DISTRICTS, INNER TIE PROJECT, WHICH, UM, WAS INCLUDED IN THE PROPOSITION 68 GRANT

[00:35:01]

APPLICATION THAT WE JUST SUBMITTED IN JANUARY.

BUT THAT'S ONE OF THOSE PROJECTS THAT WE'LL BRING IN, HOPEFULLY IDEALLY SURFACE WATER.

YEAH.

I WAS JUST CONCERNED ABOUT THE LANGUAGE IT SAYS BY INCREASING RECHARGE AND, OR REDUCING GROUNDWATER.

IT DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BRINGING IN OTHER WATER FOR ACTUAL USE.

SO MAYBE IT'S JUST A MATTER OF SEMANTICS, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE WE THAT'S STILL ON THE TABLE.

ABSOLUTELY.

AND I THINK IT'S SOMETHING THAT WE CAN, UM, BE SURE THAT WE INCLUDE WHEN WE DISCUSS THESE IN THE FUTURE TOO, THAT WE'RE BRINGING IN WATER FROM OUTSIDE THE GSA AS WELL.

UM, THE WATER RIGHTS APPLICATION THAT THE BASIN IS WORKING ON, UM, WE'LL INCLUDE, WELL, BRING IN, WE'LL BRING ON SOME OF THE FLOOD, IDENTIFY OUR CAPTURE, SOME OF THE FLOOD WATER.

UM, THAT'S MOVING THROUGH THE BASIN RIGHT NOW.

UH, THIS IS AN APPLICATION THAT THE MERCEDES IRRIGATION DISTRICT, UM, STARTED AND THIS GSA AND OTHER AGENCIES IN THE BASIN ARE PARTNERING WITH THEM ON IN ORDER TO BRING MORE SURFACE WATER SUPPLY INTO THE BASIN, THROUGH THE CAPTURE OF FLOODWATERS.

AND THEN I DID MENTION THE PROJECTS IN THE GSP, NOT ONLY THE INNER TIE, BUT THERE ARE OTHER PROJECTS AS WELL.

SO AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN ANY OF THE DEMAND REDUCTION ACTIONS OR, UM, SURFACE WATER SUPPLY PROJECTS IS GOING TO BE FINANCING.

AND CURRENTLY THE GSA DOES NOT HAVE A REVENUE STREAM IN PLACE FOR FUNDING PROJECTS.

THE CURRENT BUDGET IS DRIVEN BY THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN, WHICH WE'RE GOING TO LOOK AT IN A MINUTE.

AND IT INCLUDES SOME STUDIES AND PROGRAMS THAT ARE RELATED TO IMPLEMENTATION, BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE, UM, FUNDING FOR LARGE PROJECTS LIKE RECHARGE BASINS OR PROGRAMS, UM, LIKE INCENTIVE PROGRAMS FOR LAND FALLOWING OR RESTING.

THE BUDGET IS CURRENTLY FUNDED BY THE SIGMA COMPLIANCE LANDOWNER FEE, WHICH WAS APPROVED BY THIS BOARD THROUGH A PROPOSITION TWO 18 PROCEEDING BACK IN 2019.

AND SO THAT LANDOWNER FEE THE WAY THAT IT WAS APPROVED.

IT CAN ONLY FUND GSA ADMINISTRATION AND SOME IMPLEMENTATION, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO FUND PROJECTS.

AND SO WE'RE GOING TO TALK A LITTLE BIT LATER ABOUT, UM, THE NEXT STEPS IN FINANCING AND COMING UP WITH A WAY TO PAY FOR SOME OF THESE DEMAND REDUCTION STRATEGIES.

SO THIS SLIDE IS JUST A PORTION OF THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN THAT THE BOARD HAS DISCUSSED BEFORE.

IT'S JUST THE FIRST FEW YEARS.

UM, I BELIEVE THE BOARD MEMBERS HAVE THE FULL FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN AND WE'LL POST IT ONLINE.

SO THE PUBLIC CAN ALSO SEE IT AS WELL.

IT'S BEEN AVAILABLE BEFORE, UH, THIS BOARD AND THE TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY COMMITTEES DISCUSS THIS PLAN, UH, BEFORE THE GSA WAS ADOPTED.

AND WHILE WE HAVEN'T GONE IN PERFECT CHRONOLOGICAL CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER IN WORKING THROUGH THESE ITEMS, WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL SUCCESSES.

SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WE'VE IDENTIFIED HERE, WE'VE TACKLED AS A GSA, SUCH AS WORKING ON IDENTIFYING THE SUSTAINABILITY ZONES AND STARTING TO IDENTIFY EXTRACTION PER THROUGH ITI TRENDS, WHICH GREG YOUNG WILL BE TALKING ABOUT NEXT OTHER ITEMS. WE'VE, UH, WE ARE WORKING ON IN COORDINATION WITH OTHER OR THROUGH OTHER WATER MANAGEMENT EFFORTS.

FOR EXAMPLE, THE MERCEDES INTEGRATED REGIONAL WATER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY RECEIVED A IRW M DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT GRANT TO, TO CONDUCT A DOMESTIC WELL INVENTORY.

AND SO THROUGH THAT GRANT, WHICH IS FROM DWR, THEY ARE DOING AN INVENTORY OF DOMESTIC WELLS IN THE BASIN.

AND THAT'S GOING TO GIVE THE BASE IN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHERE THOSE DOMESTIC WELLS ARE.

AND MORE INFORMATION ON THOSE WELLS, WHICH IS THAT WAS A STUDY THAT WE IDENTIFIED DOING BACK IN, UM, THE FIRST COLUMN 2019 THROUGH EARLY 2020, THAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, THAT GRANT WAS AWARDED LAST YEAR.

UM, AS A BASIN, THE GSES ARE ALSO WORKING ON A DATA GAPS PLAN.

THIS IS FUNDED THROUGH THE PROPOSITION 68 GRANT.

IT WILL NOT ONLY IDENTIFY GAPS IN THE MONITORING, BUT IT WILL ALSO, UH, INSTALL A LIMITED NUMBER OF MONITORING WELLS.

UH, THE BASIN IS ALSO SUBMITTING A TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES APPLICATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES, AND WE'LL BE ABLE TO USE THAT TECHNICAL, THOSE TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES TO, UM, INSTALL MONITORING WELLS AS WELL.

[00:40:01]

DWR HASN'T YET STARTED INSTALLING THOSE WELLS, BUT INSTALLATION IS ONE OF THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES THAT THEY OFFER.

AND WE ARE TURNING IN THE APPLICATION TO BE ABLE TO START IDENTIFYING WELL LOCATIONS.

AGAIN, I MENTIONED THE WATER RIGHTS APPLICATION BEFORE THIS WAS A SIGNIFICANT EFFORT LAST YEAR.

UM, THE APPLICATION ITSELF WAS INITIALLY SUBMITTED BY MID HOWEVER, THE GSES AND OTHER INDIVIDUAL AGENCIES HAVE SINCE WORKED WITH MID TO PROVIDE PROJECT INFORMATION, INFORMATION ON DIVERSION POINTS THAT CAN BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION.

AND WE PUT TOGETHER TWO ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS THAT ALLOWS THIS GSA TO PARTICIPATE IN THE APPLICATION AS AN APPLICANT WITH THE WATER BOARD AND TO SHARE IN THE COST OF THE APPLICATION.

SO SOME OF THE CURRENT ACTIVITIES THAT ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, UH, YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS AD HOC COMMITTEE.

THIS IS A, WE CALL IT THE AD HOC COMMITTEE IS ACTUALLY A COMMITTEE OF AN AD HOC COMMITTEE OF THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE.

YES.

BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE IMPLEMENTATION SLIDE, I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FOR YOU.

SO THIS YEAR MAY BE A FAIRLY DRY YEAR.

WATER TABLES MIGHT BE DROPPING SIGNIFICANTLY.

WHAT DOES UNDER PROGRAMS INITIATE DOMESTIC WELL, MITIGATION PROGRAMMING.

IF I WERE SOMEONE WITH A WELL GOING DRY, I WOULD THINK THAT MEANS THAT SOMEONE'S GOING TO HELP ME PAY FOR A REPLACEMENT.

WELL, SO WHAT DOES THAT ACTUALLY MEAN IN THE YEAR 2021? THAT'S THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION.

SO, UM, WE HAVE NOT STARTED, UM, DISCUSSING A DOMESTIC WELD MITIGATION PROGRAM.

HOWEVER, IT IS ON THIS LIST BECAUSE WE HEAR FROM, UM, SOME OF THE ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE WORKING WITH DOMESTIC WELL OWNERS AND DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITIES THAT I DOMESTIC A WELL MITIGATION PROGRAM IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THEM.

AND WE ALSO RECEIVED MANY COMMENTS ON THE GSP THAT IDENTIFIED WELL MITIGATION PROGRAM BEING IMPORTANT.

THE INVENTORY OF DOMESTIC WELLS IS REALLY THE FIRST STEP.

BEFORE WE START TALKING ABOUT A WELD MITIGATION PROGRAM.

WE WANT TO KNOW WHERE THOSE WELLS ARE AND HOW DEEP THEY ARE, BUT THE DECISION TO ACTUALLY PUT A WELL MITIGATION PROGRAM IN PLACE AND WHAT THAT WELL MITIGATION PROGRAM WOULD LOOK LIKE IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING THAT THIS BOARD WILL DISCUSS.

AND LATER ON, I'M GOING TO TALK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

I WOULD ENVISION THAT PUTTING TOGETHER A PROGRAM THAT ADDRESSES DOMESTIC WELLS WOULD FIRST START THROUGH DISCUSSIONS ON A TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY COMMITTEE LEVEL, AND THEN WORK UP TO THIS BOARD.

I THINK THERE PROBABLY IS AN ASSUMPTION.

IF YOU THINK DOMESTIC WELL MITIGATION, THERE IS AN ASSUMPTION THAT SAYS THE GSA IS GOING TO PAY FOR MY NEW WELL, BUT BECAUSE THIS PROGRAM HASN'T BEEN DECIDED ON, THAT'S NOT NECESSARILY WHAT IT MEANS.

SO WHEN DO YOU ANTICIPATE THAT TECHNICAL COMMITTEE ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE? IT IS NOT SCHEDULED.

MY, MY SECOND PRO QUESTION RELATES TO THE PROGRAMS WHERE IT SAYS INITIATE A PARCEL BASED WATER USE ACCOUNTING.

AND MY QUESTION THERE IS IT'S SHOWN IS ONGOING AND FUTURE YEARS.

SO THE QUESTION I WOULD HAVE IS WHAT YEAR DO WE ANTICIPATE BEING AT THE POINT WITHOUT ACCOUNTING, THAT WE WOULD ACTUALLY KNOW HOW MUCH WATER AN INDIVIDUAL FARM IS USING, UM, FOR IRRIGATION.

SO THE EVAPORATE TRENT, IF I HAVE A TRANSPIRATION DATA THAT WE, THAT THIS BOARD APPROVED IN JANUARY AND THAT WE PURCHASED IN JANUARY IS GOING TO START GIVING THE BOARD A BIGGER PICTURE, LOOK AT WHAT CONSUMPTIVE USE IS ON.

WE'RE LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW THROUGH SUSTAINABILITY ZONES, BUT IT IS ON A, I WOULD SAY IT'S ALMOST A PER PARCEL BASIS.

GREG, IF, IF I'M, IF I'M, IT'S ALMOST A PER PARCEL BASIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, BUT WE ARE AGGREGATING THAT DATA UP FOR YOU TODAY.

AND RIGHT NOW, THESE FIRST STEPS ARE GOING TO ALLOW YOU TO START NARROWING DOWN AND LOOKING AT WHAT THE USE IS PER PARCEL.

I THINK PER PARCEL USE IS GOING TO FEED INTO, UM, ALLOCATION IF YOU'RE GOING TO WANT TO ALLOCATE KNOWING HOW MUCH EACH PARCEL IS USING.

I THINK PER PARCEL USE WOULD ALSO FEED INTO, UM, ANY EXTRACTION FEES, UM, THAT, THAT, THAT A PERSONAL IS USING.

SO I UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT MY, MY QUESTION REALLY IS WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR WHEN WE WOULD HAVE IT ON A PARCEL

[00:45:01]

BASIS AVAILABLE? I UNDERSTAND IT'S BEING AGGREGATED NOW, BUT I'M SAYING BASED ON THE FIVE-YEAR PLAN, WHAT YEAR IN THIS FIVE-YEAR PLAN, WOULD YOU SAY OUR TARGET IS TO HAVE THE PERSONAL LEVEL DATA AVAILABLE? WELL, I, I THINK WE COULD, IT DEPENDS PARTIALLY ON, ON THIS BOARD AND WHAT THEY'RE GOING AND WHAT THE BOARD'S DIRECTION IS GOING TO BE ON KIND OF WHAT PATH WE MOVE FORWARD IN.

IF, IF THE BOARD WANTS TO SEE A PER PARCEL INFORMATION, WE CAN START DRILLING DOWN TO THAT.

AND I THINK THAT'S PROBABLY INFORMATION THAT WE WOULD BE ABLE TO COLLECT, UM, ON A FASTER TRACK, IF YOU WISHED I THINK THERE'S ALSO, UM, TASKS THAT HAVE TO BE, UM, HAPPENING ON A PARALLEL BASIS.

AND BY THAT, I MEAN, I THINK OUTREACH NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

I THINK THERE COULD BE A DANGER IN COMING UP WITH, UM, PER PARCEL USE AND THEN JUST GOING TO LANDOWNERS AND TELLING THEM THIS IS WHAT YOUR PER PARCEL USES WITHOUT WORKING WITH THEM THROUGH THE PROCESS ON HOW WE GOT TO THAT PER PARCEL USE WHAT THE TECHNOLOGY WAS THAT USED THAT.

SO THERE'S TRUST ALSO WITH YOUR CONSTITUENTS IN THE INFORMATION THAT THEY'RE HEARING COMING OUT OF THE GSA AND THAT, THAT INFORMATION IS ALSO MATCHING WHAT THEY'RE SEEING, MAYBE IF THEY HAVE A METER AS WELL.

AND SO IT'S SOMETHING THAT IT'S INFORMATION THAT IF THIS BOARD DIRECTS US TO, TO COME UP WITH THAT INFORMATION ON A QUICKER PATH, WE COULD DO THAT.

BUT I THINK THERE ARE ALSO TASKS THAT HAVE TO HAPPEN AS WELL.

THIS OUTREACH HAS TO HAPPEN AS WE DO IT IN ORDER TO BRING THE STAKEHOLDERS AND THE LANDOWNERS ALONG WITH US AS WE DO THIS.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

I SEE.

OR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ON THE FIRST FIVE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN? OKAY.

SO THE, UM, AS I WAS SAYING, THE AD HOC COMMITTEE IS A, IT'S A COMMITTEE OF THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE.

THEY ARE A SHORT TERM COMMITTEE.

THERE'S PROBABLY JUST A COUPLE MORE MEETINGS LEFT.

THEY'RE WORKING ON, UM, DEMAND REDUCTION TARGETS BETWEEN THE 3G ASSAYS.

SO THIS IS LOOKING AT A 20, 25 FIVE-YEAR TARGET, WHICH WILL GIVE THEM, OR BASED IN GSA, THE ABILITY TO MOVE FORWARD.

SOME OF THESE ACTIVITIES WITH A, A TARGET IN MIND THAT WE WANT TO HIT.

UM, THEY'RE ALSO WORKING ON CREATING A BASELINE OF GROUNDWATER USE, AND THEN IN PARALLEL TO THOSE TWO THINGS, WHICH ARE PROBABLY GOING TO BE A LITTLE BIT EASIER, THEY'RE WORKING ON THE DEFINITION OF DEVELOPED SUPPLY AND WHAT THAT MEANS AND WHAT THAT MEANS WHEN WE LOOK AT A SUSTAINABLE YIELD AND THE NATIVE YIELD OF THE BASIN.

SO THOSE CONVERSATIONS ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

I THINK YOU'LL SEE THOSE COME UP TO THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE, WHICH IS THE NEXT, THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE IS ALSO WORKING ON BASIN WIDE MONITORING.

WE JUST HAD A COORDINATION COMMITTEE MEETING ON MONDAY AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MEET THIS YEAR.

THERE ARE SCHEDULED TO MEET QUARTERLY, BUT I THINK YOU MIGHT ALSO SEE AS ITEMS COME UP THAT THEY'LL MEET A LITTLE BIT MORE OFTEN THAN QUARTERLY, BUT TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY COMMITTEES, UH, WILL CONTINUE TO MEET.

AND AGAIN, I'M GOING TO TALK A LITTLE BIT LATER ABOUT SOME, UM, RECOMMENDATIONS THAT STAFF HAS FOR RESTRUCTURING THOSE TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY COMMITTEES TO MAKE THEM WORK FOR THIS BOARD A LITTLE BIT IN A LITTLE DIFFERENT WAY.

AND THEN FINALLY, UH, WE'RE DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING DEMAND REDUCTION METHODS, WHICH IS, WHICH IS IN LINE WITH WHAT WE'RE DOING TODAY.

AND SO NOW I'M GOING TO PASS IT OVER TO, UH, GREG YOUNG.

WHO'S GOING TO TALK ABOUT SOME DEMAND CONDITIONS, AND WE'RE GOING TO LOOK AT SOME OF THE EARLY RESULTS FROM THE ITI DATA.

UM, LET ME ASK FIRST, IF THERE WERE ANY QUESTIONS ON SOME OF THE CURRENT ACTIVITIES OR ANYTHING ELSE, IF NOT, I'M GOING TO, UH, CHANGE FLIES, SLIDE DECKS.

AND SO I'M GOING TO CHANGE THAT TO THE ZOOM CALL AS WELL.

LACY, THERE'S NO QUESTIONS OR NO RAISED HANDS AT THE MOMENT.

THANK YOU.

MAY I HAVE PERMISSION ON THAT? UH, CAN YOU TALK INTO THE MICROPHONE? SO THE ZOOM CALL CAN HEAR YOU .

HI, LACEY, THIS IS BRAD SAMUELSON.

I WAS HOPING YOU COULD GIVE INFORMATION ON THE COMMITTEE, THE AD HOC COMMITTEE.

I WASN'T AWARE OF THAT COMMITTEE.

IS IT NEW? AND WHO'S ON IT? OH, IT'S UM, THE AD HOC COMMITTEE IS A

[00:50:01]

IT'S, IT'S AN AD HOC COMMITTEE OF THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE.

SO IT'S NOT NEW.

IT WAS IDENTIFIED, UM, RIGHT AT THE END OF 2019 IS WHEN THEY FIRST MET, BUT THEY ONLY MET A COUPLE OF TIMES IN A 2020, AND AS A SMALLER GROUP OF THE COORDINATION COMMITTEE, IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A QUORUM OF COORDINATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS FROM THIS GSA.

IT INCLUDED, UM, BOB KELLY, NICK MARCHINI, AND MIKE GALLO, UM, FOR ME HALL AND, UM, KEN ELWYN, I BELIEVE FROM THE CITY ATTENDED SOME MEETINGS AND LARRY HARRIS FROM TURNER ISLAND WATER DISTRICT GSA, AND THEY WERE TASKED, UM, EARLY ON WITH WORKING THROUGH, UM, THE ALLOCATION FRAMEWORK.

YEAH.

CREATE CREATING AN MOU, UM, TO WE, WE STARTED WITH A FIVE-YEAR MOU TO GET US SOME DEMAND REDUCTION TARGETS WHILE WE WORK ON THOSE TRICKIER ISSUES OF, UM, DEVELOP SUPPLY AND ALLOCATING PER GSA WITHIN THE BASIN, MR. YOUNG AFTERNOON, UH, MEMBERS OF THE BOARD WELCOME ERIC TO THE, TO THE BOARD.

THANK YOU, BOB, FOR YOUR TIME AND SERVICE.

I APPRECIATE BEING ABLE TO BE PART OF THAT, UH, LAST FEW YEARS.

UM, SO AT YOUR LAST MEETING, YOU APPROVED A CONTRACT WITH FORMATION ENVIRONMENTAL FOR, I THINK IT WAS $6,000 THAT WOULD PROVIDE US HISTORIC 2010 THROUGH 2018, IF APPLE TRANSPIRATION DATA FOR A BUNCH OF GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES.

SO WE'RE GOING TO LOOK THROUGH SOME OF THAT INFORMATION, UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MIGHT BE, HOW IT IS GOING TO BE INFORMATIVE.

WE JUST RECEIVED THIS ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF AGO, AND WE WERE PLOWING THROUGH SOME OF IT.

WE WERE RAISING SOME QUESTIONS, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A COUPLE OF THINGS.

I THINK WE, WE MADE SENSE OF WHAT, UM, IT IS, SO IT CAN BE COMPARABLE AND UNDERSTANDABLE IN RELATION TO THE GSP BUDGETS THAT, UH, A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR WITH.

SO WE WANTED TO WALK THROUGH THAT A LITTLE BIT AND USE THAT AS PART OF OUR FRAMEWORK FOR DISCUSSING, UH, KIND OF THE NEAR TERM ACTIONS WHERE WE WANT TO POTENTIALLY START TO MOVE ON DEMAND REDUCTION.

WELL, UH, THE GSA CONTINUES FORWARD WITH A VARIETY OF SURFACE AUGMENTATION.

UM, AND MR. UPTON, TO YOUR POINT, UH, I THINK YOU'RE CORRECT WHEN THE RECHARGE CAN SOMETIMES JUST MEAN, PEOPLE THINK IT JUST MEANS SOME PERCOLATING GROUNDWATER, BUT THE RECHARGE COULD BE IN LIEU WHERE WE'RE BRINGING IN SURFACE WATER AND GETTING AN LIEU CREDIT BACK INTO THE GROUND.

SO IT, I THINK WHEN THE GSP WAS DRAFTING, IT, IT WAS INTENDED TO BE ALL ENCOMPASSING.

IT DEFINITELY WOULD LOOK TO ANY WATER SUPPLIES TO EITHER DIRECTLY USE IN PLACE OF GROUNDWATER OR TO RECHARGE DIRECTLY INTO THE BASIN AND IN EITHER WAY THAT CREATING SOME SORT OF CREDIT THAT WE WOULD BE ABLE TO, UM, HELP IN OUR BANK ACCOUNT TO BE ABLE TO MEET THE CONSUMPTIVE USES THAT ARE NECESSARY.

UM, SO LACY'S GONNA RUN THROUGH THE SLIDE DECK HERE THAT WE HAVE.

UM, AND, UH, WE WANT THIS TO BE OPEN SOME CONVERSATION THAT LIKE LACEY HAD LAID OUT AT THE, THIS IS A WORKSHOP DISCUSSION.

WE, THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A LECTURE WITHIN SOME QUESTIONS AT THE END.

SO FEEL FREE TO SAY, HOLD ON A SECOND.

UM, AND IF IT'S SOMETHING I KNOW I'M GOING TO GET TO LATER, I'LL, I'LL PAUSE YOUR QUESTION AND WE'LL, WE'LL KEEP GOING.

UH, SO GO AHEAD AND START WITH THE FIRST SLIDE AND LACY FOR YOUR BENEFIT.

THERE'S SEVERAL ANIMATION ASPECTS THAT ARE SIMPLY JUST HITTING A BUTTON TO GET ANOTHER PICTURE ON A PAGE.

SO I'LL JUST SAY NEXT, AND THEN THAT'LL BRING US THROUGH THERE.

UM, SO I'M GOING TO FOLLOW ALONG ON MY SCREEN HERE, JUST SO I CAN, CAUSE I CAN'T NECESSARILY SEE ALL THOSE SCREENS UP THERE FOR, WELL, I HAVE A QUESTION.

SO THIS IS ACTUAL DATA THAT WE BE PURCHASED.

UM, THIS IS MADE UP DATA THAT NO, I'M JUST KIDDING.

YES.

UH, THIS IS, UH, SO IT'S, IT'S, UH, IT, I APPRECIATE THAT POINT BECAUSE IT DOES REQUIRE A LITTLE BIT OF CONTEXT.

I THINK THAT'S A VERY IMPORTANT, SO THANK YOU, MR. MARKINI FOR RAISING THAT QUESTION.

WHAT THIS DATA IS, IS, UM, ITI ANALYSIS THAT WAS DONE ON A WHAT'S CONSIDERED A PIXEL LEVEL.

AND AT THE, THE SATELLITE IMAGES THAT WERE USED TO DO THIS ANALYSIS, TAKE A PIXEL AS A 30 METER BY 30 METER.

THERE'S SOME OTHER SATELLITES THAT READ EVEN NARROWER DOWN TO THE 10 METER BASIS.

UM, THIS WAS USING 30 METER DATA.

UH, THE COMPANY FORMATION, ENVIRONMENTAL, WHO WE BOUGHT THIS DATA FROM HAD COMPLETED AN ANALYSIS FOR THE ENTIRE STATE AS PART OF A CONTRACT WITH DWR.

AND SO WHAT THESE PROCESSES ARE, IS GOING IN AND ACQUIRING THAT DATA FOR OUR AVAILABLE

[00:55:01]

SOURCES IN USE.

SO THE DATA IS ACTUALLY THE RAW DATA THAT WE HAVE AVAILABLE IS DOWN AT THE PARCEL LEVEL BY MONTH BY PARCEL IS ESSENTIALLY RELATED TO A PARCEL.

I BELIEVE IT IS.

I MEAN, THERE'S, IT'S, THERE'S A PRETTY BIG FILES.

AND I HAD SOME OF MY STAFF DEALING WITH THE GIS INTERFACING AND PEOPLE THAT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT BETTER THAN I DO.

SO TO YOUR POINT, THIS IS ACTUAL DATA COMING FROM FIELDS OVER SEVERAL YEARS FROM 2010 THROUGH 2018, BASED ON SATELLITE READS THAT ARE PASSING OVERHEAD, I BELIEVE YOU THERE EIGHT TO 10 DAYS.

UM, AND THEN THE PROCESS THAT FORMATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL USES, THEY USE ONE OF THE ALGORITHM PROCESSES.

I'M, I'M NOT GONNA S I FORGET WHICH ONE THEY USE.

THERE'S SOME COMPETING PROCESSES OUT THERE, AND THEY ALL KIND OF DO A PRETTY GOOD ESTIMATE AND THEY, THEY, ONE MIGHT DO BETTER THAN OTHERS IN SOME INSTANCES, BUT THESE ARE ALL SHOULD ALL BE RELATIVE.

SO THIS IS ACTUAL DATA.

UM, AND WE'LL BE ABLE TO LOOK AT SOME OF THE IMAGES AND YOU CAN SEE PARCELS THAT ACTUALLY CHANGE THEIR ITI SIGNATURE OVER TIME.

AND THAT GIVES YOU A SENSE OF KIND OF LIKE, OKAY, YEAH, THAT'S BEEN GOING ON HERE.

MAYBE IT, IT ACTUALLY WAS A LAND THAT WAS BEING ACTIVELY FARMED, AND THEN IT WENT FALLOW.

MAYBE IT WAS BEING REPLANTED FOR TREES OR SOMETHING.

SO THERE'S A YEAR WHERE THERE'S BASICALLY ZERO TRANSPIRATION, CAUSE THERE WEREN'T EVEN WEEDS IN THE FIELD, NATURAL GRASSES OR ANYTHING GROWING.

UM, AND THEN YOU MIGHT SEE IT COMING BACK UP AGAIN.

SO THERE'S THAT KIND OF INFORMATION.

WE WEREN'T ABLE TO PROCESS ALL THE W WE HAVE BAR CHARTS FOR ALL THE YEARS, BUT WHEN I WASN'T ABLE TO PUT TOGETHER THE RASTER IMAGES THAT GO ALONG WITH THAT, AND SOMETIMES THAT CAN REALLY BE TELLING WHEN YOU START TO LOOK AT WHAT'S GOING ON YEAR TO YEAR, YOU CAN START SEEING THINGS.

AND WE'RE ALSO WANTING TO MAKE SURE THAT THE REASON WHY THIS IS AGGREGATED RIGHT NOW, WHILE YOU CAN, WE CAN ALL LOOK DOWN THERE AND GO, HEY, THAT'S MS. JONES FARM OVER THERE, OR MR. SMITH'S FARM.

UM, THE INTENT IS NOT TO BE CALLING ANYBODY OUT FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS.

THIS IS ALL HISTORIC DATA, BUT THIS IS THE TYPE OF INFORMATION THAT WE WOULD BE USING GOING FORWARD INTO MR. SWANSON'S QUESTION EARLIER ABOUT, UH, PARCEL BASED DATA.

THIS IS THAT PARCEL BASED DATA, BUT IT'S ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED.

SO TO GO GET THE NEW STUFF IS ABOUT THE ESTIMATES I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT PROBABLY FIVE TO $6,000 TO PROCESS A YEAR'S WORTH OF IMAGES FOR THESE AREAS.

NOW, I DON'T KNOW IF WE START ASKING FOR IT DOWN AT THE VERY MANAGED PROCESS ON THE PIXEL LEVEL, BUT IF WE START ASKING FOR IT DOWN AT THAT DISCREET LEVEL AND ABILITY TO VIEW IT AND OTHER THINGS INTERACT WITH IT, THERE MIGHT BE ADDED COSTS.

UM, THERE'S A VARIETY OF CONVERSATIONS TO HAVE ON THAT POINT ALONE.

SO THIS IS A SAMPLING OF THE TYPES OF THINGS WE WOULD SEE IF WE'RE GOING TO USE REMOTE SENSING DATA GOING FORWARD.

UM, BUT THIS IS A GOOD PICTURE TO HELP US UNDERSTAND WHERE THE TRENDS ARE, WHAT, UH, WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN OUR, IN OUR BASE INTO ALTOGETHER, AND ESPECIALLY KIND OF IN SOME DIFFERENT ZONES THAT WE HAVE THAT WE'RE JUST USING FOR, FOR CONTEMPLATION.

THOSE AREN'T DEFINED ZONES ARE SIMPLY ILLUSTRATIVE ZONES FOR OUR, UH, OUR CONSIDERATIONS AT THIS POINT.

UM, SO THAT WAS A LONG-WINDED ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, MR. MARKINI, BUT HOPEFULLY THAT ANSWERED IT.

GREAT.

THAT WAS A GREAT ANSWER.

IT'S ACTUALLY EXCITING TO SEE OUR DATA.

WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR YEARS, AND IT'S ALWAYS JUST BEEN A PICTURE OF SOMEWHERE AT SOME POINT IN TIME.

SO YEAH, I THINK SO NEXT.

UM, AND THERE'S A COUPLE OF PLACES YOU CAN SEE THAT MS. GSA, THE AA KIND OF IS SLIPPED OFF A LITTLE BIT.

AND WE FOUND WHEN I FIRST MADE THIS WHOLE THING FROM THE ACTUAL IMAGES THAT WERE BURIED IN HERE, IT WAS 160 MEG POWERPOINT FILE.

I GOT A LITTLE BIG AND A LITTLE CUMBERSOME.

SO YOU CREATE PICTURES OUT OF A LOT OF THESE THINGS.

AND SOMETIMES WHEN YOU CREATE PICTURES, YOU GET THOSE WEIRD LITTLE SHIFTS ON THAT STUFF.

UM, I, I ALSO JUST FOR THE RECORD IN THE HANDOUT AND THE PRINTOUT, I NOTICED THE LAST SLIDE WE HAVE IN THE PRINTOUT IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT'S ON THE SCREEN.

IT DID SOME WEIRD SHIFTING.

SO JUST FOR THE RECORD.

SO HERE IS THE, UH, THE KIND OF THE IMAGERY FOR THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN GSA BOUNDARY.

UM, WHAT YOU SEE IS COLORATIONS IN THE COLORATIONS ARE PUT ON THERE AS RELATED TO DIFFERENT SCALES OF, OF EVAPOTRANSPIRATION THAT ARE HAPPENING.

THIS IS THE ANNUAL PICTURE OF THIS HAPPENS TO BE 20 EIGHTEENS TOTAL IMAGE.

AND WHAT YOU SEE IS THE DARKEST RED IS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF, OF APPLE TRANSPIRATION THAT OCCURRED FOR THE YEAR.

THE GREENEST IS THE MOST AMOUNT.

NOW THERE'S AN APPLE TRANSPIRATION DATA.

WE SEE HERE HAS BEEN MET BY ONE OF THREE SOURCES, RAIN PUMPED GROUNDWATER, OR APPLIED SURFACE.

SO, SO WE'RE NOT TRYING TO ACCOUNT FOR WHAT'S GONE ON THERE.

I KNOW WHEN WE'VE DONE SOME SIMILAR WORK IN SOME OTHER BASINS I'VE WORKED IN, WE STARTED TO ESTIMATE OUT THE EFFECT OF PRECEPT TO TRY AND UNDERSTAND

[01:00:01]

HOW THAT CAN CHANGE CAUSE A REALLY WET YEAR, DEPENDING ON THE TIMING OF THE RAIN AND THOSE, ALL THOSE THINGS HAS AN EFFECT ON THE CONSUMPTION OF APPLIED WATER, WHICH IS REALLY WHAT WE'RE STARTING TO WANT TO GET TO IS WE'RE TRYING TO REDUCE THE CONSUMPTIVE USE OF APPLIED WATER TO HELP OUR BASE, UH, REACH SUSTAINABILITY.

UM, SO THE, THE IMAGES YOU'RE SEEING HERE IN THE COLORATIONS ARE TRYING TO DEPICT DIFFERENT DEGREES OF THAT TOTAL ITI THAT'S HAPPENING FOR THE YEAR.

SO NEXT IT'S FUNNY, I'M LOOKING AT MY COMPUTER.

I'M LIKE IT DIDN'T CHANGE, BUT, UM, WOW.

YEAH.

IT'S AFTERNOON.

I ASKED ONE QUESTION.

SURE.

SO THE COLORS, IS THERE A SCALE WHERE DARK RED MEANS TWO INCHES AND DARK GREEN OR BLUE MEANS? OKAY.

UM, THERE IS, BUT I DON'T WANT TO TRY AND PRESS ON THAT RIGHT NOW.

IT IS, UH, THE COLORING HERE IS OUR LAYERING OF A SCALE, BASICALLY.

AND, AND SINCE THESE ULTIMATELY ARE TOTAL INCHES FOR THE YEAR, UH, I DON'T WANT TO TRY AND DESIGNATE WHERE THOSE DIFFERENT POINTS ARE.

UM, ONE, I'D PROBABLY BE OFF A LITTLE BIT ANYWAY, BUT, UH, WE CAN TALK ABOUT SOME OF THE OTHER INFORMATION, BUT ESSENTIALLY I THINK THE MOST OF APPLE TRANSPIRATION YOU'RE SEEING HERE ON AN ANNUAL BASIS IS, UM, NORTH OF 40 INCHES AND THE LOWEST IS GOING TO BE DOWN, UM, YOU KNOW, EIGHT INCHES OR SOMEWHERE IN THAT RANGE.

SO YOU'RE KIND OF SCALING ACROSS THAT, THAT RANGE.

SO THIS NEXT ONE IMAGE THAT CAME UP HERE IS THE AREA BECAUSE WE, SINCE WE WERE PURCHASING THIS DATA, WE DID PURCHASE IT FOR THE WHOLE BASIN AND WE GAVE THEM GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES.

AND WE SAID, GIVE US THE, UH, SO WE CAN CUT FOR ME A GOOSE FROM THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN AND FOR TURNER ISLAND.

AND THEN WITHIN THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN, WE SEPARATED INTO THOSE SIX, UM, SUSTAINABILITY ZONES ALSO.

SO THIS JUST IS, AGAIN, THE 2018 IMAGE.

WE HAVE THIS DATA FOR 2010 THROUGH 2018 BY MONTH.

UM, GO AHEAD AND NEXT AND THERE'S TURNER ISLAND.

SO THIS IS THE KIND OF IMAGERY NELLIS, W W LET'S START TALKING ABOUT WHAT ALL THIS MEANS, BECAUSE ONE OF THE THINGS I STARTED TO SEE, GO AHEAD AND HIT.

NEXT SLIDE IS THE RESULTS ARE THESE BAR CHARTS.

AND I LOOKED AT THE NUMBERS AND I'M ALWAYS ONE THAT FOLLOWS THE RULE OF QUESTION, DON'T ASSUME.

SO I LOOKED AT THE NUMBERS AND I'M LIKE, HMM, SOME THINGS SEEM A LITTLE OFF.

HOW DO THEY ALL ADD UP HERE? HOW DOES THAT COMPARE TO THE BUDGETS THAT WERE IN THE GSPS? AND YOU CAN SEE THE UPPER LEFT IS THE MERCEDES SUB-BASIN AD.

IT'S SHOWING THE ORDER OF 500,000 ACRE FEET OF VT.

AND YOU HAVE ABOUT 350,000 ACRE FEET IN MUCOUSA.

AND ABOUT 27,000 AND TURNER, YOU ADD ALL THAT TOGETHER.

AND WE WERE NORTH OF 800.

UM, WHAT ARE WE? EIGHT 50, EIGHT, 75, SOMEWHERE IN THERE.

AND WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE BUDGET AND THE GSP, THE TOTAL OF APPLE TRANSPIRATION WAS AROUND THAT SAME NUMBER 875, THAT KIND OF NUMBER, AND THE AG PORTION WAS IN THE SIX HUNDREDS.

IT RANGED DEPENDING ON WHETHER THEY'RE LOOKING AT WHAT YOUR DRY YEAR AND STUFF.

UM, SO IT HIT ME.

I'M LIKE SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM ABSOLUTELY RIGHT HERE.

SO WE WANTED TO LOOK AT SOME OTHER THINGS.

SO LET'S GO AHEAD AND NEXT SLIDE.

OKAY.

PAIR SOME OF THE GSP AND, UH, WHAT YOU CAN SEE HERE IS, UH, WE HAD RECEIVED SOME DATA FROM WATER KERN, MISS SPELL THEIR NAME, WHAT ARD THAT'S RIGHT.

YEAH.

SORRY.

UM, THE MERCEDES, SO BASED IN GSA, WE HAD GOTTEN THIS, I THINK I WANT TO SAY BACK IN OCTOBER, 2019, I BELIEVE.

AND I THINK SOME OF US HAD A SMALL WORK GROUP WHERE WE WERE STARTING TO TALK ABOUT TOTALLY T THAT WAS HAPPENING AND WHERE OUR NUMBERS MIGHT BE AND HOW MUCH GOAL WE